“A fantastic quiet getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on Crescent Lake
1261 St. Louis Ave., Excelsior Springs, MO 64024   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liberty, Missouri
“A fantastic quiet getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quiet place to get away for a couple days to enjoy some peace and quiet before the madness of the school year began. We'd heard good things from some friends about Inn on Crescent Lake so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed!

The personal service from the owners was first rate, and it was fun to learn about their history and the history of the Inn itself. Craig and Beverly were extremely friendly and personable, and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay exactly what we wanted it to be. We received a personal tour when we arrived, chatted with them as they served us breakfast, and were sent off in person when our time there was over.

The Inn is a beautiful mansion full of real wood, historical antiques, and a quaint character that can't be found in recent architecture. The public areas were filled with pictures of the owners and their family, which my wife especially enjoyed. There were many amenities available, including drinks (coffee, tea, soda), snacks (cookies, granola bars), board games, a DVD library, and more. The pool and hot tub looked clean and well kept, though we didn't get to enjoy them due to the cool and rainy weather while we were staying there. There were several outdoor activities available (including boating or fishing), but we instead chose to enjoy a leisurely stroll around the grounds, which were beautiful.

We stayed in the Ballroom, which was on the third floor. It was amazing! Very roomy, with interesting nooks everywhere you looked. My wife commented on how clean everything looked and smelled, and the decoration was very tasteful and refined -- unlike so many other bed and breakfasts -- with all the major comforts you would expect. The pictures on the website capture the room, though they hardly do it justice. I believe there were something like a dozen people staying there at the time, though we rarely saw anyone outside of breakfast, and the whole mansion was very quiet throughout our entire stay.

For a quiet and relaxing couples getaway, you'll be hard pressed to find a better place than this. We look forward to going back as soon as we can!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Inn on Crescent Lake and it won't be our last! We stayed in the Tuscany Suite and it was very clean and inviting! Thank you Craig and Beverly for exceeding our expectations!

• Stayed July 2013
Emporia, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I recently got married and for our honeymoon we spent three nights at the Inn on Crescent Lake. The mansion is gorgeous and full of history, the grounds are vibrant and full of life (we enjoyed seeing the baby hawk in its nest!), and the staff are all wonderful people! Even though the mansion was booked full for our whole stay we felt like we were the only two people there as we wandered about the grounds and enjoyed lounging in the common areas. The town was full of history and interesting architecture. It was a romantic and intimate way to start our new lives together.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on a budget, but still want a romantic room with the amenities...choose the Cas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I visited the Inn on Crescent Lake for our 10th anniversary, and it was fantastic. The rooms, the amenities, the surroundings, the special options, and the owners are all amazing. The grounds were very well-kept and beautiful. We stayed in The Ballroom, and it was just about perfect. The chocolate-covered strawberries were the absolute best we have ever had. During our trip, we went for a scenic stroll around the property, we went fishing, spent lots of time by the pool, and went into town for dinner each night. I would count this trip among the most restful and relaxing we have ever had. I would highly recommend this place, and I would recommend staying at least two nights to get the most out of it. Well worth it!

Room Tip: The Ballroom was roomy, had an excellent bed and bathroom, and had nice views of the grounds.
Newburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We celebrated our 30th anniversary at The Inn on Crescent Lake staying in the Emerald Rose room. We had been on a 12 day trip and spent our last 2 nights here. This was a perfect place to take a vacation from our vacation. The rooms are beautiful and we enjoyed having beautiful roses, champagne, & chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us as we arrived. Everything is five star quality! The grounds are gorgeous, the pool & hot tub relaxing, the food delicious, ping pong, board games, music, books, DVD, wines, hammock, boating...everything a person needs or wants! Craig and Beverly are so warm and welcoming! We plan to make this a place we return to at least several times a year!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second time visiting a Bed and Breakfast and my boyfriends first. After my first experience at different B & B I wasn't quite sure that I was a B & B "person." I was under the impression that they were not very private and were somewhat awkward in general. My boyfriend thought they were not "man-ly" enough for him. GOODNESS GRACIOUS HAVE WE EVER CHANGED OUR MINDS!!! The Inn at Crescent lake exceeded every expectation we could have ever had. Every single wonderful review of this property speaks truth. It is the most romantic, fun, clean, pleasant, beautiful and peaceful place the both of us have ever visited. Craig and Beverly are simply amazing in every way and we cannot thank them enough for everything! The only thing I would encourage anyone visiting the Inn about would be to make sure you stay as long as you possibly can. If you are going back and fourth about whether you want to stay 2 or 3 nights... just plan on staying for 3! If you like to run or walk I suggest you head down Wabash Ave. it is flat and very peaceful. Make sure you bring your fishing poles as well. We had the best time and caught a ton of bass! We also had fun playing catch in the front yard while we waited for our pizza to be delivered. No matter what you like to do... you will find a relaxing, and peaceful spot to do it at the property!

Oh, and if you love bread pudding, cheesecake or Riesling wine you have to visit the Ventana Cafe!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful and fabulous. We stayed in both the Crescent and the Tuscany Suite during ou...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this place! Our fav B&B! Wonderful owners who are so nice! Very romantic! We love both the Ballroom and the Crescent room. The chocolate covered strawberries are the best I have ever had. Be sure to eat at Ventana's on the square and visit the little soap shop on the same street.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Inn on Crescent Lake? Share your experiences!