“Quick Couples Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Quick Couples Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I encountered very friendly people from our phone reservations, to the front desk, the restaurant and throughout our stay. We did not get massages but did enjoy the outdoor hot tub on a cold winter night. The rooms are very well decorated and clean. We also enjoyed a romantic dinner at the 88 Restaurant in the hotel. It was a very good experience and we have another overnight planned soon.

Room Tip: Another great thing about The Elms is the Royal Experience on the private 5th floor. We relaxed in t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went for a girls' weekend, and I have never felt so relaxed. The Grotto is a MUST DO. Book one of the lesser expensive spa treatments and you don't have to pay the $55 for the Grotto. The pedi isn't really worth the money, but the hydrotherapy most definitely is!! We stayed 2 nights, and the beds were amazing. I can't say that I've ever woke up in the morning feeling like I just got a message until this weekend! The ghost tour was fun as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had never heard of The Elms before. I stayed there for a business meeting. the hotel was great. the staff was incredibly friendly. the hotel had a great atmosphere. I defintiely plan on returning with my wife for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Wisner, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went for a relaxing weekend getaway thinking this would be the perfect place- it was overpriced and not what I expected. We got a couples massage and used the grotto afterwards but this was all a disappointment and VERY overpriced compared to other spas I have been to that were much better (but yet much cheaper). The restaurant was also very overpriced; they did not serve quality pieces of steak and the food was just ok. We stayed in the "classic" room (also overpriced) which was very small and while the heater was running you could not hear the TV (or anything for the matter). This is a neat, old hotel and might be more fun to visit when it's warm out so you could use the outdoor space more. We will not be returning, it was an overpriced vacation in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a great idea for a romantic and relaxing getaway. The Grotto was so much better than I expected, the massages were incredible (we got a 90 minute couples massage, and I got the Vichy bath massage while my wife got her pedi), the room was wonderfully updated and elegant (though now I'm going to have to buy a Temperpedic mattress like that one now), and the staff was as friendly and ready to serve as I have ever seen!  Always pleasant, always acknowledging me with a smile and a friendly "hello", and eager to go the extra mile for me. At the front desk I asked where the lap pool was, and a young man walked us there. My wife and I will keep our eye on upcoming events at the hotel because we are already planning a stay for sometime in the Spring.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We spent a weekend at The Elms 10 years ago and were underwhelmed. Old and tired, bad food, outdated spa services and facilities. We thought we'd not be back.
Last month we decided on the spur of the moment to give them another try and were just about blown away by how much different The Elms was from our last visit.
We love old architecture and this building is a classic. Most of the old stone and wood has been refurbished and given new life. The new additions were designed to look just like the original. Bathrooms in the rooms have been updated as has the decor.
Because we did this on a whim, all of the spa services were booked. We did hang out in 'The Grotto' and enjoyed all of the hot-cold-hot-cold from the steam shower, sauna, whirlpool and cold shower. It was very invigorating.
We had only appetizers at the restaurant but they were good. The bar area is much nicer than it used to be. The cocktails were surprisingly inexpensive relative to what we thought we'd be charged.
Staff was pleasant and helpful, especially the attendant on the concierge floor. Everything was clean and still had a bit of 'new' feel to it.
Only drawbacks are that the old lap pool is kind of a walk to get to and they did away with the real cool art deco murals that were vintage 1930's. The rooms are also small, but not cramped. But they are not like you'd get in a modern hotel. This was fine with us.

Room Tip: Concierge floor has all you want sodas and bottled water. They also have a reception from 5-7 with...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Elms was great! We stayed a day before going on an all-inclusive to get the vacation started early. The only problem was that we didn't stay on the back end as well! The bed was unbelievable. We actually called the hotel after the stay to find out what brand they use. Food and drinks for a late lunch at 88 were also great. The Grotto was a lot of fun and we wish we had more time to spend there. The Elms is definitely a place we would like to get back to.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Elms Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!