“Elms anniversary trip” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Missouri, Usa
“Elms anniversary trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My fiancé and I had an awesome time at the elms. The food from the restaurant was amazing. We got the organic salmon and ribeye. My fiancé ended up eating most of my salmon. It was so good, she got it the following night. We did an hr. couples massage at the spa and the whole thing was relaxing including the grotto. It has a dry sauna, wet sauna, steam shower hot tub and really cold shower. The outdoor hot tub and the lap pool downstairs were really nice. The suite we stayed in was super nice- big comfy bed, fridge, shower was nice. It had a living room and everything we needed. The tavern bar was cool too

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!! before you book at this place called the Elms

1. Food took 1 hour and 16 mins
2. when my 34$ steak was cold and like I said 1:16 mins late
3. the Spa was dirty - hot tub had sand and dity all over it . the one inside and out !!
4. the beds ??? hahahah you mean a bag of rocks !!!! we didnt sleep more then 3 hours and almost left in the middle of the night
5. the remodel job was a joke very cheap job
6. the staff was nice but they have meeting in the lobby and sit on the floor right where you walk in ??? sad !!!
7. please note if you stay near an ice machine wear ear pro the walls are so thing you will hear water melt all night sounds like a river in your room !! not joking
we had a groupon so I only paid for a cold steak and some drinks the room was 11$ I would never pay the prices they are asking Never!! we will NOT be going back to the Elms Ever not even for free or if they paid us !! again not joking !!
I could go on and on about many other things like hearing alarm clocks go off for hoursat 0400 in three other rooms where no one was staying !! really ? then calling the front dest at 0450 and the guy only turns one off . again sad !!

Thanks Elms for killing the mood on our First valentines day together I hope to share this info with everyone I know so they do not even think of going to your Motel .

I Understand if you delete this post heck I would if I were you ..... but if I was you, I would run a much better place

Shawnee, Kansas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel and spa. Plan on returning many times in the future! The food was great; we find the remodeled Elms to be beautiful and relaxing and recommend it to everyone! Shopping is very close in north Kansas City, so everything is there for fun and relaxation.

Omaha, Nebraska, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

we had a great weekend retreat with our daughter & her husband here at the Elms. It was my son in laws 30th birthday surprise and it could not have been better. We arrived to a beautiful luxurious suite then jumped in the outside hot tub & surprised him. From then on the weekend just got better...the Grotto was so relaxing, The 88 Restaurant has wonderful food..the antelope was delicious! Can not say enough how great a weekend we had...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is a real gem... I almost didn't want to give it a review then it will get busier lol! It's a little out of the way but it's in a cute town and wasn't too far for us. The hot tub is deep and large and the pool is heated. The room, living room, and bathroom were all sparkling clean and were exceptional. There is no freezer section in the fridge but an attendant came and got our cold packs and placed them in the freezer downstairs for us so it was no problem. We didn't hear a soul and really didn't see many other people at all. The restaurant was amazing with a big fireplace and all our servers were so sweet. We already can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee's Summit, Missouri, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a great time. Gift from our daughter for our anniversary. Great room, friendly staff and excellent food and service! My wife used the spa facilities and was very pleased. Worth the short drive from Kansas City.

Verona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had planned to stay in Kansas City for the night until we saw information about The Elms in Excelsior Springs and decided to try it. It's a bit hard to find but well worth it. The structure itself is beautifully updated. Our room had a "period" feel and was quite charming. "The 88" restaurant located at The Elms is excellent. My husband had antelope and I had an Irish Salmon - both were delicious. The presentation was wonderful and overall the experience and our stay was very enjoyable. We'll definitely stay again given another opportunity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Elms Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!