checked in with my family hoping for a relaxing night before a fun day at six flags...what I got was so very different.
Checked in later in the evening after dinner and was told I got the last room. It was in the back of the hotel, had a shared balcony/deck with the room nextdoor. The door looked as if it had been kicked a few times. The room was musty and humid. The a/c unit had no wall thermostat and ran constantly rarely giving out any comfortable air. The fixtures looked old and beat up. The bathroom had hair stuck on the walls, on the floor and was generally gross...cleaned in a big hurry at best.
The hall was loud with heavy slamming metal doors and the constant parade to the clunking ice machine. After I put my children to bed the young men in the room next to us came home from the park...loud and probably drunk...one guy went on the deck and had a loud R rated conversation on his cell phone bragging about his in park conquests. His charming roommates locked him out on the deck. He then decided to shout and in the most foul way ask his buddies open the door. My entire family was woken up. Called the desk and was told they would send up security. This is probably a bad sign that a hotel needs a security staff.
The noise simmered down for a moment (while security visited) but quickly started up. 3 hours later I was able to fall asleep.
The breakfast buffet looked cheep and nasty. The restraunt is dark and old...the service is crabby. The pool was beat up and everything smelled like an old ashtray. Any non smoking section is in name only.
This hotel was like a scene out of Animal House. LOW CLASS!
I let the mgr know how my $130 stay was and he gave me a list of excuses and a whopping $30 covering my over priced breakfast.
never never ever again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday-Inn at Six Flags is located a short walk from the main gate of the Six Flags St. Louis amusement park. In addition, the hotel offers an indoor Fun Dome that includes a pool, sauna, whirlpool, exercise area, video game area, putting green and shuffleboard. Walk to Six Flags St. Louis on a connecting sidewalk or enjoy a complimentary air-conditioned shuttle bus to and from the amusement park. Just minutes away is Hidden Valley Ski Resort, Jellystone Park, and Purina Farms. Kids Eat Free at all meals in our Haymarket Restaurant. Drive to any major St. Louis attraction all within 30 minutes, including the Gateway Arch, Anheuser Busch Brewery, St. Louis Zoo, Grants Farm, Cardinal Baseball/Busch Stadium, Rams Football/Edward Jones Dome, and Meramec Caverns. Enjoy an Unparalleled Environment at Holiday Inn Six Flags, constructed by Irish stone masons with handcrafted limestone walls, detailed woodwork and decorative brickwork provide a backdrop of warmth and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis West 6 Flags
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags Hotel Eureka
- Holiday Inn Eureka
- Eureka Holiday Inn