“Great Place - especially in the Fall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags

You added Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4901 Six Flags Road, PO Box 999, Eureka, MO 63025 (Formerly Ramada Inn at Six Flags)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Prescott
“Great Place - especially in the Fall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I don't think I'd like this place when Six Flags is open! We were here on our road trip from AZ to IL in the fall. The room was clean and comfortable - the restaurant quite good. We look for a nice hotel with a decent restaurant on our long day of driving so we don't have to go out for food. This fits our needs perfectly. The whole staff is friendly and most accommodating. Filled our travel thermos without any hassle.

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms with outside access - just my preference.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your travel. We love to hear when our staff is recognized for a job well done and really appreciate you sharing this. We hope you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was the closest place to stay for us to drive to a small town west of St. Louis the following day which is why we picked it. But were delighted that the staff was very nice and friendly, and the room was just what we needed also. We had our dog with us and our room had one door to the hallway of the hotel, and the other door to the parking lot in back. If you were traveling with children to visit Six Flags, this would be perfect. We ate dinner at the bar in the pool atrium which was very pleasant and pretty. The lady tending was was also really nice, and the sandwiches were great. The business we had west of St. Louis took a little longer than we anticipated, so we went back to the hotel for a second night and got the same room because it worked out so well the previous night. A very pretty Holiday Inn. We will stay there again when we are in that area, definitely! We really appreciate any business that employees pleasant people who seem to care about their jobs.

Room Tip: Rooms open to the atrium and pool would be good for a family with kids or just people wanting to use...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay. It is great to learn we exceeded your expectations and that you returned for the second night. We do hope you will visit us again on future travel to our area.
Webster Groves, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Fright Fest and stay at the hotel to celebrate our one year. You can't beat the location and it looked to have a ton of fun amenities. Check-in was fast and easy. We were able to drop our stuff off and get the shuttle to the park which saved us $20. We got back from the park at midnight and everything was closed as far as amenities go. The indoor pool, arcade, bar and restaurant...all closed. Yes I understand it was midnight, but it would have been nice to grab a beer at the restaurant or something. The hotel's features appear to be a lot of fun and I would have loved to experience some of it. The rooms there are alright. The lighting though are those bright LED lights...similar to those you see in a hospital room or in the hall way of a school so it wasn't really warm or inviting. We turned on the TV hoping to find something to watch or order a movie. Much to our disappointment, all but a select few channels were not fuzzy and the movie ordering option did not even work. I didn't think much of it since it was just something to go to sleep to. Also, the room didn't have a fridge. I decided to call the hotel two days later to express disappointment and inform them of the issue with the television. All I got in return was, "Thanks for telling us. I'll make sure to tell maintenance." No apology, no offer of a discount, no nothing. Summing up, I paid $150 to save $20 on parking at Six Flags, watch a fuzzy TV, not be able to swim, play in the arcade, grab a bite at the restaurant nor a drink at the bar and not have a fridge in the room. I thought those came standard? They did have a good vending machine though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback following your stay with us. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy all the holidome features after returning from Fright Fest. All of your comments do help us to provide our guests with the experience they are looking for. Again, I apologize for your experience and I do hope you will try us again.
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

this is my third time staying here in the past year and a half and this hotel never grows old on me. every time my family pulls into our castle my heart lights up because i know im gowing to have a great time enjoying the dome. And i was lucky for the first time since ive been coming here again the refreshment stand was open so i was able to pick up a very reasonable priced pizza and have a good time. btw i still love your theme and don't listen to these other people not outdated just better with age!

Room Tip: if you can i reccomend getting a dome side room to have easiest access to fun dome but if not no big...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review. It is great to learn you return to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Fort Valley, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spent 8 nights at this hotel for a dog show at Purina Farms (Yes some shows last that long!).

The hotel does need some updating but the staff really worked as hard or harder than any staff I have seen.

The Good:
The Staff - When I checked in, my room was not ready but the front desk said to leave them a cell number and they would call in 45-60 minutes. After 45 minutes I got a call saying my room was ready. That impressed me. Another example - our shower had problems and the staff worked until they fixed it and solved the problem.
The Restaurant - The portions were massive - Breakfast for one can easily feed two. Again, another friendly staff.
Pets - They take pets and the staff works hard to keep the property clean and provide bags for clean-up.
Lots of "Drive-Up" rooms.
Hotel takes care of their Rewards Club members.

The Bad (with apologies to the management);
Room Condition - These are old rooms and they REALLY need to be updated. The furnishings are dated and many of the Air Conditioners need to be serviced. The carpets need to be replaced - now.
Restaurant Policy needs help. At dinner we wanted a sandwich but that required you to go to the bar. It's not a good policy that the bar menu, room service, pick-up and restaurant menus vary and the wait staff cannot vary from that. I told the front desk manager about this at checkout and she was a bit - inflexible about this. (ouch!)
The Facility needs a major update - this is separate from the rooms. The old "Holidome" is just about the same as it was many years ago.

I varied on 3-4 stars for this property but in the end, the condition of the rooms drove me to the lower rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a down and out room..........
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for providing us the feedback on your stay. Yes, we appreciate the good and the bad. We rely on feedback such as yours to let us know how we are doing and what our guests are looking for. It is our goal to continuely move forward in improving the guest experience. Thanks for staying with us and thanks for your IHG Rewards membership.
Milton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rooms way over-priced @ $99 per night. Old furnishings, no refrigerator or microwave (standard amenity in even budget priced hotels); coffee pot barely works, one very slow cup at a time. Plus a $35 pet fee? Really? Restaurant service is nonexistent. Terribly understaffed and unprepared to handle guests. Waited 45 minutes at table and walked out. No one ever took our order, had to ask for water. Not able to buy a cup of coffee in the morning. Inexcusable for a Holiday Inn property. Won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Can't advise on finding a good room at this property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your hotel stay. I sincerely apolgize we fell below your expectations. We do value the feedback guests such as yourself provide to us and we use this feedback to help us to improve both the hotel and service. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks again,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I should of stayed somewhere else other than here,the rooms are sub standard and way over priced, I could have paid half what I paid here and paid for parking at six flags and been better off. The pool area ranked of chlorine smell, almost choke you, and I have trouble smelling things. Very outdated hotel, restaurant inside the hotel was awful, nice location, surroundings are pretty but not worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2013
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apology we fell below your expectations. Our guests satisfaction is so important to us and this feedback helps us to recognize what guests are looking for. We do hope if you visit the area you will give us another opportunity.

Been to Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags? Share your experiences!