I spent 8 nights at this hotel for a dog show at Purina Farms (Yes some shows last that long!).
The hotel does need some updating but the staff really worked as hard or harder than any staff I have seen.
The Staff - When I checked in, my room was not ready but the front desk said to leave them a cell number and they would call in 45-60 minutes. After 45 minutes I got a call saying my room was ready. That impressed me. Another example - our shower had problems and the staff worked until they fixed it and solved the problem.
The Restaurant - The portions were massive - Breakfast for one can easily feed two. Again, another friendly staff.
Pets - They take pets and the staff works hard to keep the property clean and provide bags for clean-up.
Lots of "Drive-Up" rooms.
Hotel takes care of their Rewards Club members.
The Bad (with apologies to the management);
Room Condition - These are old rooms and they REALLY need to be updated. The furnishings are dated and many of the Air Conditioners need to be serviced. The carpets need to be replaced - now.
Restaurant Policy needs help. At dinner we wanted a sandwich but that required you to go to the bar. It's not a good policy that the bar menu, room service, pick-up and restaurant menus vary and the wait staff cannot vary from that. I told the front desk manager about this at checkout and she was a bit - inflexible about this. (ouch!)
The Facility needs a major update - this is separate from the rooms. The old "Holidome" is just about the same as it was many years ago.
I varied on 3-4 stars for this property but in the end, the condition of the rooms drove me to the lower rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday-Inn at Six Flags is located a short walk from the main gate of the Six Flags St. Louis amusement park. In addition, the hotel offers an indoor Fun Dome that includes a pool, sauna, whirlpool, exercise area, video game area, putting green and shuffleboard. Walk to Six Flags St. Louis on a connecting sidewalk or enjoy a complimentary air-conditioned shuttle bus to and from the amusement park. Just minutes away is Hidden Valley Ski Resort, Jellystone Park, and Purina Farms. Kids Eat Free at all meals in our Haymarket Restaurant. Drive to any major St. Louis attraction all within 30 minutes, including the Gateway Arch, Anheuser Busch Brewery, St. Louis Zoo, Grants Farm, Cardinal Baseball/Busch Stadium, Rams Football/Edward Jones Dome, and Meramec Caverns. Enjoy an Unparalleled Environment at Holiday Inn Six Flags, constructed by Irish stone masons with handcrafted limestone walls, detailed woodwork and decorative brickwork provide a backdrop of warmth and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis West 6 Flags
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags Hotel Eureka
- Holiday Inn Eureka
- Eureka Holiday Inn