“Tight Fit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park to your Saves list
PO Box 626, 5300 Fox Creek Rd, Eureka, MO 63025   |
Hotel deals
Pekin, Illinois
“Tight Fit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have visited several Yogi franchises in the mid-west. This campground was a tight fit. There is not alot of green space. We travel with a 17' Jayco. Our sight was tight. Be prepared to walk up hill or down hill everywhere you go. Having said that, we were only 1/2 mile from six flags and 30 minutes from downtown Saint Louis. We spent the day in-town. Lack of green space was not really an issue. We were tired at the end of the day. The pool is spacious and well maintained. However, you have to walk across the parking lot to either the general store or comfort station attached to the ranger station if you have to use a restroom. Both of which are slightly downhill from the pool. The General store is expansive and well stocked. The comfort station has 3 shower stalls. It is very clean. However, I did not like that only a curtain separated me from the general public. If someone were to enter & use the bathroom I felt un-easy. I would prefer a door. I felt a little exposed. We enjoyed our stay & the kids really like the activities. The crafts are similar to other Yogi parks. In-expensive but fun. We will return here if we visit STL in the future. The benefit of being so close to Six Flags is worth the trip.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed a night at Jellystone with our 4 and 6 year old granddaughters. We rented one of the many cottages. I do use the term Cottage loosely. It's very small. However it had all the amenities that you need. Very clean, no bugs and well stocked except that there was not a bar of soap to be found. The kids loved the pool. It is noteworthy that the shallow end is still 3 feet deep. Which was a little too deep for the 4 year old. The miniature golf was great. Getting to wake up Yogi twice a day is a hit with the kids. There are crafts and activities all day long.
We rented a golf cart to get around in. Well worth it. The kids loved driving around on it.
The staff is the best. Everyone is a joy to deal with. .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Eureka Jellystone as your destination for you and your grandchildren. I'm glad to see that you found the cottage to be clean, and that our activities kept your grand kids busy. The golf carts definitely are fun and convenient! Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope to see you again in the future.
Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My boyfriend, my son, and I came here to celebrate my birthday and do something different. We had a blast! It was a bit pricey just for a small piece of land with water and electricity but I had too much fun to care. They had a bunch of things to do for kids and it was quiet at night! I loved it and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lisa A, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you guys enjoyed your stay. We feel that we offer a great place for first time campers, and for those who are looking for the amenities of a resort, but who still want to tent camp. I really hope that you guys will stay with us again in the future, and I appreciate your feedback on your stay.
Franklin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We loved this place. Our kiddo had a blast and made several friends thanks to the activities. Sites are tight but beautiful and well worth the cost. Definitely, we will recommend to others and stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Eureka Jellystone for your end of summer getaway! I'm glad that you guys found your fellow campers to be friendly, and that you were kept busy with all of the activities we offer. We truly appreciate your visit, and we hope that we become a regular part of your summer routine!
Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed once previously at a Yogi Bear Campground in Cave City KY and wanted to give this one a try, too. We totally advise anyone with kids to give a Yogi campground a try. We stayed in a tent, but if you prefer, they have A/C tents, cabins and much more for those that prefer overpriced glamping (glorified camping). This one seemed to be better overall than Cave City. Another couple we met said Eureka was much better than the Forsythe Yogi near Branson. The grounds are well kept. There is quite a bit to do here. Shuffle board, volley ball, mini golf, clean swimming pool. Crafts were fun, the staff was friendly, the magic show was outstanding for free entertainment. It's a must see! There was a huge blowup obstacle course, a pirate boat for the pirate themed weekend, a scavenger hunt for the kids. And can't forget candy bar bingo! This Yogi provides non-stop entertainment/activities to keep your kids busy and entertained.

Negatives compared to Cave City: The Cave City had free mini golf and free rides with Yogi--had to pay at Eureka. Cave City had a huge water slide.

Negatives about the campground: The shower/bathroom was WAY to far from our campsite #92. A bathroom break in the middle of the night is not advised. The hills are HUGE. They are nice to go down, but going up is a workout. (Definitely wore our daughter out each night of the stay!) I didn't have any problems with hot water, but I heard a guy complaining about not having any hot water and the lack of water flow.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at Eureka Jellystone. It sounds like you guys really took advantage of all of the fun we offer families. If you guys return in the future, I'd definitely recommend requesting to be closer to the shower house and to the bathrooms. With kids in the middle of the night, I definitely understand, the closer the better! We also do offer golf cart rentals to help with the hills. Once again, thank you so much for your stay, and I truly hope that you will return in the future.
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This campground is way overpriced. Their published initial rates are only for two people. We paid $76 per night for two adults and three kids. Even "if" all of the kids' activities would have been included in the extra charge, it still would not have been worth $76/night. You have to pay additional for a lot of the activities. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 11:00 a.m.--you only get a maximum of 20 hours for the $76 you pay! The road into the campground is in need of resurfacing. The roads within the campground are narrow and could also be resurfaced. Most (if not all) of the rv/travel trailer sites are all gravel--no grass. This made it very difficult for our dogs to relieve themselves. The only grass area to take them to was quite a distance away from our site. The fire rings are buried into the ground and the top of the rings are flush with the ground. When it rained, our fire ring/pit filled up with water and could not be used--so much for a campfire being a part of our camping experience. The only positive comments we have about this campground are that the pool is nice and the staff is excellent. The young gentelman (I believe his name is John) that took us to our site upon arrival was very friendly. He was very sincere in doing all he could to help get us parked and set-up. This young man is a huge asset to this Jellystone location--hopefully the management recognizes it. Most of the rest of the staff here were pleasant as well. The property owners/managers of this Jellystone need to understand that the staff here is probably the only reason this Jellystone is still in business.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Eureka Jellystone for your recent visit to the St. Louis area. I'm very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the price that you paid. I hope that you took part in all of the free activities that we do offer during the time that you were here, such as the daily free craft, water games, field games, or any special entertainment that might have occurred during your stay.
I appreciate your compliment on John, and I've passed it along to him. We do pride ourselves on outstanding guest service. Also, we would gladly exchange your fire ring for a new one if yours had rainwater in it, so I hope that you made that issue known to our staff during your stay.
Once again, I apologize that you did not find our park to be a value, but I really do appreciate your feedback, and I appreciate your decision to camp with us.
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a great time at Jellystone Eureka. We took our 3 year old a couple weeks ago. It was Carnival weekend. He loved all the activities we did... Cotton Candy glow stick parade, Carnival games, the train (he even got to sit up front with the conductor!), the carnival games, and Candy Bar Bingo.He also loved the petting zoo on Carnival weekend, the pool, and of course, meeting Yogi Bear. We had SO much fun! We had planned on going to Six Flags before going home on Sunday, but decided to ride the train a couple more times and do mini golf and the playground. We stayed in a cottage the first night and a cabin the second night. We booked very late, so that was all they had left. The cottage was nice because of the bathroom, so when we go back, we will definitely book far enough in advance to get a cottage for two nights. The cabins really aren't bad. For being all in one room, they are spacious. We were fairly close to the shower house, so it wasn't inconvenient. The cottage the first night was as far as you could get from all the activities, so next time, we will book in advance and get closer to the pool and general store. There is no parking up in the activities area, so if you don't rent the golf cart, you will be doing a lot of walking. We had the stroller, so it wasn't too bad. All in all we had a great time! The cottage and cabins were clean, as was the resort in general. The staff was friendly. The activities girls seemed to be there all hours of the day and night! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We didn't find the resort to be noisy in either location where we stayed. Our preference would b...