“Good Experience, Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn

America's Best Inn
You added America's Best Inn to your Saves list
America's Best Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 West 5th St., Eureka, MO 63025 (Formerly Econo Lodge Eureka)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Experience, Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had a good experience at America's Best Inn Six Flags, we were in town for the theme park, it was nice to have breakfast provided and to be so close. Room was clean, staff was friendly, we will stay there again when coming to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Central MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The motel is older and nothing has been done to modernize it, which you halfway expect for the price you pay. However, anything worth doing is worth doing right. When I entered the room, there were little pebbles and dirt in the floor around the front door. The bed was clean although the bedding was well-worn which is the first thing I inspect in a room. Next, I looked the bath over and the tub looked old but clean in spite of the mold embedded in the grout. The room did not seem horribly bad until bedtime when I turned on the water and brown (rusty?) water came out. If you let it run long enough, it will probably run clear eventually, but I cannot recommend this place! I did go ahead and stay but would have asked for a refund if I had discovered this earlier.

• Stayed June 2011
Williamsville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

room was clean, beds were comfortable and pool was clean and warm ! Only stayed one night due to school /work but plan on staying at this motel again ! Staff was friendly, breakfast was very enjoyable with everything that was offered (large selection ). Close to many activities including Six Flags.

Room Tip: use all discounts available
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way into St. Louis. This was pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a roadside motel of this sort. It was dated and the room was small and had some cosmetic issues, but it was reasonably clean, the air conditioning worked well and the wifi was great. There was cheap soap and shampoo in the bathroom that you could use in a emergency, and it only had a shower, no tub, but the water pressure was fine. The cable channels were minimal, but the TV worked ok.

The front desk staff was polite and efficient and it was quiet at the hotel the night we were there. They had coffee and some cheap donuts in the morning and some cereal, I think, but I only had the coffee. We paid $39 +tax through Expedia which was the best price for anything in the vicinity, since we didn't book ahead.

We weren't going to Six Flags, but if you were, this hotel is just blocks down from the entrance, so it would be a good place to crash if you just wanted a place to sleep while visiting Six Flags. There were restaurants nearby and the area seemed safe. It wouldn't be good for an extended trip but for a safe cheap place for a night or two, it was just fine.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was apprehensive to book my room here because of bad reviews I had seen on TripAdvisor about other similarly priced motels in Eureka. But I decided to take a chance. Besides I had once spent Saturday night in Matamoros and I knew I could endure spending a single night just about anywhere.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a room that was clean, comfortable and, at $53 a night, very reasonably priced.

Admittedly this is an older property but it shows signs of having been refurbished recently. The bathroom tile and carpet appeared to be fairly new and the walls recently painted. The furnishings were dated but all were in working order. Included were microwave, refrigerator, large analog color TV with many cable channels, clock radio, hair dryer, table and swivel office-type chair. The air-conditioning unit looked recent. Free Wi-Fi Internet is also included and I clocked speeds of 3-5 Mbps in my room with no downtimes.

I arrived about 10 PM, check-in was no problem and the night clerk was pleasant and accommodating. The next morning I met the young couple who I believe may be the owners. They are Indians of the "dotted forehead tribe" (they had no dots nor displayed any indication that they weren't fully Americanized). They were cordial, always smiling and very accommodating.

They serve a continental breakfast of the type which is typical for many motels: doughnuts, bagels, cereal, perhaps some fruit. I'm not a breakfast person so I didn't partake. However, I'm a big coffee hound and so I indulged in that. It was very good coffee.

As it turned out my plans to see the grandkids got stalled and I wound up staying an extra two nights. Everything considered, I must say that this was a most enjoyable -- and unexpected -- experience.

If I were a traveling businessman on a budget or a parent wanting to treat the kids to an affordable outing at Six Flags I would definitely choose this motel for my lodging. (I saw several young families doing just that during my stay.)

(FWIW, I stayed in room 127 so I know that's a good one!)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to America's Best Inn? Share your experiences!