“Fun park, OUTRAGEOUS FOOD & PARKING PRICES” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Eureka
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular amusement park with several roller coasters.
10 attraction reviews
“Fun park, OUTRAGEOUS FOOD & PARKING PRICES”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Decided to buy a season pass to enjoy Six Flags with my daughter. We've been there before and I have visited there since the 1970s. We planned a full day with her and three friends, five of us total. The rides were a great deal of fun, operating smoothly, line queues flowing nicely. The park looks a bit dated though. I thought the main theater was under construction when a temporary stage appeared to be set up outside. Turns out the theater was open, with all of the peeling paint, broken wood trim hanging downward. Very disappointing. The real issue though which makes feel quite a bit cheated are the food and drink prices. We planned on eating lunch outside in our car (the best move of our day). Being out of food, we had to have dinner inside. We chose Panda Express, very good but PRICED OUTRAGEOUSLY. I get the prices need to be higher inside the park, but there is a tipping point and this did it for me. Check out THE RECEIPT I POSTED IN THE PHOTO GALLERY. While we have five people, we had each of the two girls share a plate. Two had their own water, two share a soda. I had a full plate and my own soda. $54? Are you kidding me? These far exceed Disneyworld prices and while tasty, they are not Disneyworld quality. Why so expensive? I get you have to make money, charge a price which results in a healthy margin. Again, why so expensive? They have a refillable soft drink cup, $14.99. For $5, you get free refills for the day (on top of the $14.99). Bring that mug back on future visits, you get refills for $0.99. Maybe not a bad deal since a large soda is $4.29. The season dining plan comes with so many restrictions and asterisks it is hardly worth my time as it is too confusing. By the way, Panda Express is not included in that plan. We are going back to Six Flags on Wednesday. I am bringing enough food for five people and to cover two meals. I might spend $25 on everything. Consider doing the same (just get your hand-stamped on the way out so you can get back in after your meal).

Jefferson City, Missouri
“Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My experience at Six Flags was excellent. The customer service was the best ever. The park was clean and the lines on the rides were great. Food was great and free refills all day if you purchase a cup which is a great deal.

Bourbon, Missouri
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a blast visiting Six Flags and the waterpark there. I would always go during the week if possible. There were no wait times on the rides and we had ridden everything by five o'clock!

Highland, Illinois
“Six Flags Over Mid America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had always been to this park as kids and loved it so we decided to take our girls this summer 6/2014 ages 6 and 3. Over the years the park seemed to get a little run down but was still nice enough. When we came on 6/26/2014 we were so pleasantly surprised the park was super clean (especially the restrooms) and the staff was sooo friendly, reminded me of the staff at Walt Disney World. We went on a thursday and the ride lines were non- existant so that was a huge bonus with 2 small children! We will be coming back for sure!!!

O'Fallon, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome This Year! Great Park Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff are friendly and the restrooms are immaculate. I couldn't say this in previous years, but I think the management got it right this year. You get the biggest bang for the buck. Get a season pass and if you travel, you can check out their other parks. The St. Louis location is great because you get 2 parks in 1.