“Such a fun waterpark” 5 of 5 stars

Allenton 6 Flags Road, Eureka, MO 63025
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Eureka
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of the Six Flags theme park in St. Louis, this water extravaganza features millions of gallons of splashin' fun with spectacular shows, thrilling rides and attractions for the whole family.
st louis, mo
30 attraction reviews
“Such a fun waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Love this place and the fact it is free with your six flags ticket admission makes it even better. My nieces and nephews love it.

Almere, The Netherlands
“Overly expensive, half the park was closed without prior notice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I looked forward visiting Hurricane Harbor because I love water parks. Even if my expectations were too high, this park is mediocre at best. It all started at the ticket office, where every sale took at least five minutes so queues were building up at a place with no shade at all. Secondly, there was queuing before "security", which is no more than a farce because it's still easy to sneak in a weapon and therefore more a measure preventing people from bringing their own food, requiring them to buy overpriced mucky food in the park itself. The lockers were convenient, but sets you back at least 14 dollars. Then came the big disappointment: Half the rides were closed! The reason for this was a shortage of life guards due to graduation day, which was never mentioned to me before I bought my overly expensive tickets. And regarding the remaining life guards, they better rename the park to "Francisco Franco", as each of them turns into a little dictator when on duty. The paths in the park are made of concrete, with little shade so they became like frying pans. I run from one pool to another, burning my feet but life guards demanded I walked slowly instead. At the wave pool my boyfriend took a ramp into the pool, and they demanded he exited immediately because it was "exit only", without any signage. They made him walk over sizzling concrete just to enter the pool again. Every 45 minutes the wave pool was cleared for the reason to "give the swimmers some rest", even if you just entered the pool. Strange to say the least. Then (remaining) rides were quite boring except for a few. Park management should visited Siam park located on the island of Tenerife to get some inspiration for new and modern rides. Long queues were formed because they required the track to be completely cleared before the next person could enter it. So on busy days expect queues up to one hour! Some positive things to mention: nice vegetation, the temperature of the lazy river and wave pool were exactly right (refreshing yet not too cold), restrooms were clean and the backdrop of all the coasters located in the adjacent Magic Mountain theme park. These are how every overshadowed by high parking costs (20 bucks), an absurd 38 dollar entrance fee and 14 bucks for a small locker. Add another extra if you want to skip the queues (fastpass) or rent a tube to float the lazy river as no free tubes are available. However, after persistent complaining about half the park being closed they agreed to reimburse the entrance fee to me. But even with the park fully operational, I really think it is overpriced for what it currently offers.

Visited May 2014
O'Fallon, Missouri
34 attraction reviews
“Good free addition to Six Flags”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Before Hurricane Harbor, my family always went to Big Surf in Lake of the Ozarks. Not only does Hurricane Harbor blow it away, but it's free with admission to Six Flags. The speed slides are a decent thrill but are over too quickly. My favorite is the big (6-8-person?) raft slide, The Big Kahuna.

Visited June 2013
Bonne Terre, Missouri, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Get in free with your Six Flaggs ticket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you like water parks this is the mother of water parks part of Six Flags bring your swimsuits and stay the day! This place is Awesome more to do here than you can fit into a week! Being part of the Six Flags you have it all for one low price ! We bought Season passes and small kids get in free plus our teenage granddaughters got in free because we can bring one adult free with our season pass! Worked out super for us we got to watch shows ride the rides and the grandbabies got to spend time in kiddie land fun for the whole family! An hour from home bring your meals and you can do a whole Summer for pennies! Best Value in town the whole day for six people was less than what we paid at MacDonalds the day before! Who said they were a bargain ? Anyway it's the lace to see on your way through St. Louis Just follow Route 66 can't miss it!

Branson, Missouri, United States
15 attraction reviews
“Our daughter's favorite thing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family of six had a wonderful time at Hurricane Harbor and Six Flags! :) Our children range from age 6 to age 18, so sometimes it is hard to find something everyone enjoys, and this fit the bill perfectly! Our older two couldn't wait to do all the roller coasters, and our younger ones enjoyed the kids "Looney Tunes" area. We got a picture of them with Sylvester the Cat, which I was excited about! :) (I don't think they knew who he was!) Our 11 year old daughter loved the Hurricane Harbor water-park section of Six Flags, and my husband and I loved that it is INCLUDED in the ticket price for Six Flags, which seems like a pretty good deal to us. A few tips: purchase your tickets at least 5 days in advance online and save $15-$17 per ticket! That's a pretty big savings for a family of 6, and it also saved us having to wait in line when we got there, an added bonus. We also bought the "preferred parking" pass online for $25, which costs $30 if we would have waited until we go there. Regular parking (online or there) is $20. We splurged and spent the extra $5 and our parking space was only about 4 rows from the entrance! (Definitely worth $5 to me!) We also bought three refillable sports bottles online before arriving for $30. The refills were free all day, so although $30 is kind of expensive for 3 sports bottles, unlimited refills all day long for free was AWESOME! Another tip, the Hurricane Harbor closes earlier than the rest of the park (6:00 PM), so if you want to go to the water park, you want to make sure and arrive there towards the beginning of your day. We rented a locker to put our things in while we played in that area, which in my opinion was worth the extra $13. The Six Flags staff was very friendly, and the park was very clean. The food was very expensive (of course) so we ate before we arrived, and then went to Golden Corral after our day of fun. We just had a snack while we were there (Two huge pretzels with cheese ran us $15 and one piece of pizza was $10). Yeah, so not the best deal, but it held us over until we got to Golden Corral. All in all, it was a great day, and we enjoyed it bunches and bunches. A little pre-park planning and buying online makes it even better. Have fun!