“Small on purpose” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 28 Restaurants in Ellisville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen, Grill, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Intimate, comfortable atmosphere with indoor seating for 36, and outdoor seating for 32. Easy access parking with 10 spaces in front, 2 spaces on side and 20 spaces in rear with its own separate rear entrance.Here to serve you: Mon. - Sat. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sun. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“Small on purpose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't think of any reason this establishment could not be a chain or franchise. The food is prepared in front of you. Around back you can see the stack of firewood used to smoke the meats. Never had a sandwich I didn't love.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PeppersBBQ, Owner at Pepper's Deli & Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Sir my name is FJ and I am the owner of Peppers Deli & BBQ and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review of our family's restaurant. As a single unit operator it is difficult to compete in exposure and advertising with the larger companies and franchises so our only method of advertising is our food, our service, and kind customers such as yourself who take the time out of their own busy schedules to sit down and help promote and raise awareness of our small business. I have 18 years of hard work and sacrifice into this business and I want you to know it is very much appreciated that you took time to share your experience so that others may know as well. With my sincere appreciation - FJ

Des Peres, Missouri
“Nice Little Sandwich Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We enjoyed a quick lunch on a busy, Sunday afternoon. Even though the employee behind the counter was on his own making the sandwiches, he did a fantastic job of keeping everyone moving along.

There are a multitude of meats and toppings to choose from, so you can build your own sandwich as simple, or as outrageous as you like. The Reuben on marbled rye was very good, but I assumed they would have toasted it automatically. My fault for not clarifying, so that's not a complaint.

My little one LOVED his "homemade" chicken, cheese, lettuce, and ranch on a Hoagie bun.

There are also plenty of house sandwich choices as well, if you just can't decide for yourself how you would like to build your own meal.

I look forward to sampling their BBQ choices on my next visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Please forgive me for my late response to your review of our restaurant. My name is FJ and I am the owner of Peppers Deli & BBQ. As I am just starting to work with the social network aspect of our business I am doing my best to keep up with it on top of all my other responsibilities but it is important for you to know how much I appreciate the time you took to share your experience at our small family business with others so that they too can get to know us. Since our only method of advertising is word of mouth, the time you took to write about us is very much appreciated and I hope you come back soon and often. Thank you again so much for your efforts - FJ
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
“A hidden deli that you must go to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Delcious sandwiches and pulled pork. Love that it is a small business and family owned. Everyone is very nice. My husband goes all the time and considers it his favorite place for a sub.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I realize you took the time out of your schedule to share your experience at our family's restaurant a year ago but I am just now finding it and still want to acknowledge your efforts and thank you for telling others about Peppers Deli & BBQ. My name is FJ and I am the owner. Since our food, service, and our customers word of mouth is our only means of advertisement its important for you to know just how much we appreciate your efforts. Words can not express the positive effect it has on our single unit business. We hope to see all of you soon and often. Again please accept my sincere appreciation for your efforts -FJ