“Staff very friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10 Midway Road, Eldon, MO 65026 (Formerly Heritage Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Eldon
Old Appleton, Missouri
“Staff very friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had an awesome time! Our room was large and clean. Had a very comfortable king bed, oversized mini fridge,microwave, couch, chair and ottoman, flat screen tv. Indoor pool and hot tub nice. Staff were all very friendly. Free wifi worked great. Located close to local site seeing but not in the middle of hustle and bustle.
We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

It did exceed my expectations, admittedly they weren't high to begin with. I was traveling on business and had to stay at or below my company's per diem, so my choices were limited. I stayed here for 3 night and experienced no issues. The rooms were clean and there was no noise to wake you up. The room was larger than I expected, the furnishings were up to date. The bed was okay, the pillows too small. Standard channel line-up on the television, no premium channels like HBO.

I tried breakfast one day, well, I really didn't try it, I looked at it and went somewhere else. Everything looked dried out or stale.

The staff that I encountered were all friendly.

Overall, I would stay here again if I needed to be in the area on the company's dime.

Room Tip: Room 202 worked for me.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for one night as the outside appealed to us. Arrived late afternoon and got a room on the downstairs second to last room near the door. We parked almost next to the room. The room was clean and sufficient for a one night stay. For dinner and breakfast we drove to the Lake as the breakfast did not look sufficient to my appetite. For the price paid I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This past weekend was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was a few years ago, and the power was out due to a snow/ice storm. Completely understandable, but we were completely frozen!

This weekend, however, was a whole different story. We arrived late at night to a less-than-friendly staff person who couldn't even coherently tell me where I should park our car to have better access to our room. I had to repeat my question multiple times. When we set up shop, everything seemed fine...until I had to take a shower. The tub was really slow to drain. I'm not talking about a little slow, either. It was like taking a shower bath in your own germs. It was gross.

We were traveling with our 4 month old baby, so I was going to opt to bathing her in the bath tub, and rather at her great-grandma's who we were visiting. The next morning I felt what was a bug crawl across my face. When I got up an hour or two later to feed our baby, I saw the ROACH on the wall! I completely freaked and my husband killed it. Later on that morning, we spotted ANOTHER ONE.

At this point, we had already paid for the entire 3 nights of staying there. We had driven 7 hours to our destination and trying to find another hotel was not an option so we decided to stick it out, unfortunately. I put a "please service room" sign on our room door the next morning when I heard housekeeping coming up the hall, and we returned later that evening with our room still messy. They only gave us 2 full-size towels for our entire stay, so I had to go up to the front desk to ask for another set of towels.

Do yourself a favor and spend the night in a better quality hotel closer to the Lake. Unless you want a roach as your roomie. The only good thing about this hotel was its faster-than-usual-hotel-wifi. Totally not worth the $75 a night, as cheap as that is.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed with my two kids. they absolutely loved the staff workers they were so friendly and took care of all needs we had. Overall great place to stay. Nice area truck stop across the street and right off the highway

• Stayed May 2013
Jefferson City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was clean, the shower is very small, the window covering did not cover the entire window allowing outside light into the room. There is no elevator at this hotel. The staff was friendly and check in and out was easy. I did not use the pool or hot tub and did not eat breakfast so I can't comment on those. The hotel does have wifi and it was easy to connect to. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've stayed at this motel many times, through a couple of franchise changes. It's quite a nice facility, and now that it's an America's Best, the rates have gotten more reasonable than they used to be. Eldon's a small town, and this is really the only 'good' motel there, but you only need one. The staff's friendly & mostly invisible -- the place is clean & they've got a really nice indoor pool. If I were to be looking for criticisms, I'd mention that (1) there was no coffeepot in our room (2) there was no 'stopper' in our bathtub (3) the towels are too thin -- like Motel 6's, and (4) they skimp a lot on breakfast . . . . very basic. HAVING SAID all that -- it's a nice place, and we are always happy to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!