“One night, no problems...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10 Midway Road, Eldon, MO 65026 (Formerly Heritage Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Eldon
Iowa
“One night, no problems...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for one night as the outside appealed to us. Arrived late afternoon and got a room on the downstairs second to last room near the door. We parked almost next to the room. The room was clean and sufficient for a one night stay. For dinner and breakfast we drove to the Lake as the breakfast did not look sufficient to my appetite. For the price paid I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This past weekend was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was a few years ago, and the power was out due to a snow/ice storm. Completely understandable, but we were completely frozen!

This weekend, however, was a whole different story. We arrived late at night to a less-than-friendly staff person who couldn't even coherently tell me where I should park our car to have better access to our room. I had to repeat my question multiple times. When we set up shop, everything seemed fine...until I had to take a shower. The tub was really slow to drain. I'm not talking about a little slow, either. It was like taking a shower bath in your own germs. It was gross.

We were traveling with our 4 month old baby, so I was going to opt to bathing her in the bath tub, and rather at her great-grandma's who we were visiting. The next morning I felt what was a bug crawl across my face. When I got up an hour or two later to feed our baby, I saw the ROACH on the wall! I completely freaked and my husband killed it. Later on that morning, we spotted ANOTHER ONE.

At this point, we had already paid for the entire 3 nights of staying there. We had driven 7 hours to our destination and trying to find another hotel was not an option so we decided to stick it out, unfortunately. I put a "please service room" sign on our room door the next morning when I heard housekeeping coming up the hall, and we returned later that evening with our room still messy. They only gave us 2 full-size towels for our entire stay, so I had to go up to the front desk to ask for another set of towels.

Do yourself a favor and spend the night in a better quality hotel closer to the Lake. Unless you want a roach as your roomie. The only good thing about this hotel was its faster-than-usual-hotel-wifi. Totally not worth the $75 a night, as cheap as that is.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my two kids. they absolutely loved the staff workers they were so friendly and took care of all needs we had. Overall great place to stay. Nice area truck stop across the street and right off the highway

• Stayed May 2013
Jefferson City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was clean, the shower is very small, the window covering did not cover the entire window allowing outside light into the room. There is no elevator at this hotel. The staff was friendly and check in and out was easy. I did not use the pool or hot tub and did not eat breakfast so I can't comment on those. The hotel does have wifi and it was easy to connect to. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've stayed at this motel many times, through a couple of franchise changes. It's quite a nice facility, and now that it's an America's Best, the rates have gotten more reasonable than they used to be. Eldon's a small town, and this is really the only 'good' motel there, but you only need one. The staff's friendly & mostly invisible -- the place is clean & they've got a really nice indoor pool. If I were to be looking for criticisms, I'd mention that (1) there was no coffeepot in our room (2) there was no 'stopper' in our bathtub (3) the towels are too thin -- like Motel 6's, and (4) they skimp a lot on breakfast . . . . very basic. HAVING SAID all that -- it's a nice place, and we are always happy to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in June 2012. I like it. It's small town feel is nice and our room was as clean as you'd expect at a 5 star hotel.

Wifi was nice. Continental Breakfast was pretty lacking. We rode down to the lake for a better breakfast. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just 10 min to the Lake and 1/2 price per room per night. Perfect for family's as they have a really large in-closed pool (clean and well kept) and a hot tub. They also have a really nice FREE breakfast. The rooms have been recently remodeled and very clean. There is also a restuarant on the property called Silver Dollar that has good food at a reasonable price. Would recommend this hotel for anyone that can handle a 10 min drive to the lake and still wants to save some hard earned cash. We stayed here on business and the room was set up nicely with a microwave, small fridge, desk and was very clean - perfect for our needs at a great price! Would stay again. OH - the lobby is really nice and the people were friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!