“I think I just walked back into the 80's...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City

You added Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3125 Rider Trail South, Earth City, MO 63045 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Earth City
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
“I think I just walked back into the 80's...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I picked up the hotel for $40 as a mystery deal on Travelocity. At $40 the price was right. The bed, pillows and linens were new and good. However, the rest of the furniture and kitchen items were straight out of the 80's. The kitchen and bathroom were worn out. And they didn't even give you a thing of shampoo. The air condition worked well but was super loud. The fridge was really loud too. They need more tv channels and I'm pretty sure someone was in my room while I was gone. If they are trying to attract business travelers they will fail miserably.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

No housekeeping for 5 weeks. The front desk clerk opened my door for the carpet installers to install a threshold. she did not stay with them and admitted the wrong doing. They ransacked my room and stole $300.00. I reported it to the front desk and the district manager (TIM) and NOTHING was done about it. no one lost their job and I did not get my money back. the place should be shut down it is filthy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WV Easten Panhandle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was located fairly close to the airport and only minutes from many restaurants. We were pleasantly suprised when entering the room as it smelled brand new. I think they just remodled. We had a small issue when checking out as it appeared that we had not paid the bill but we showed it had been prepaid througgh an online reservation. Overall nice plac for the money and in a non-residential area so not a lot of people "hanging around". felt safe in the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that there seemed to be some confusion regarding the billing on your room. Still, we are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room while you stayed with us.

DuQuoin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

So much was wrong I don't know where to begin. Guess I will start with the pieces of scummy used soap left in 3 different places in our shower. Tub was so dirty I was afraid to get in it. The smell of the hotel in general told me it was going to be bad but was too late to find something else. Supposed to have sliding doors on closet but only had one, the other was gone. We opened the sleeper sofa for our granddaughter and mattress was stained I coudn't believe it. Went to front desk to ask for bed linens and received them piece by piece and had to ask for each thing I would like to put on the bed. Come on, don't you know what it takes to make a bed. The paint was peeling off of the walls and so many structural I can't begin to mention. I noticed I had left my gown hanging on bathroom door and called & ask to have it mailed to me (most good hotels will do that) but no, Robert, the manager was very rude and said I would have to make arrangements to do it. All around bad place to stay. DON'T DO IT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debbie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness of your room and overall condition of our hotel that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are aggressively correcting the issues outlined in your review.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Rantoul, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Earth City during April 2013. About a half hour from downtown St. Louis. Overall the experience was quite nice. The staff was friendly and helpful with any issues we had. It was extremely affordable and offered many things such as a full kitchen that the others just didn't have for the price. It was VERY clean and fairly well taken care of. It is NOT a brand new building but we didn't expect it to be. There is a hot tub or whirlpool but it is an outdoor one and is closed for the winter season. There is an onsite gym that has your basic treadmill, bike and elliptical. I forgot hairdryer but front desk let me borrow one free of charge. The rooms are big and we loved the full working kitchen so we could eat in almost the whole 3 nights/4 days. Beds were comfortable. It did feel like we were in an efficiency apartment. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT right by the elevators if possible. We were by one and heard some noise from late...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our well equipped, in-room kitchens and our exercise room. As well, that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

High Ridge, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed 2/21/13-2/22/13 due to snow and it was 0.5 mile from work. People stay here extended times and have their pets there. The hallway smelled like an hold house with hoarded pets, carpet was dirty, walls kinda dirty..definitely needed some TLC. My room was better, didnt smell, very accomodating, nice bed, tv, kitchen. No bathroom issues. Only 1 small trash can in bathroom though..not one in kitchen. Window opens which was nice for some fresh air. Not much parking. The 1 staff person/front desk I seen couldnt get a key to work for my room because the manager just quit/got fired and they had to redo all the keys for the building or something so if i wanted to leave she had to use her master key to let me back in my room. However she did get the issue resolved and brought me a new key later that did work. Overall I really have no complaints and would stay there again if I had too since they are decently priced compaired to other hotels in same vacinity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the common areas of the hotel were not acceptable, but I am happy to hear that you guest room was to your liking. To make sure the common areas are as nice as the guest rooms, I am going to be reiterating the cleanliness levels to the housekeeping staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in town for our daughter's wedding. Our party included myself, my husband, my parents and our 3 year-old grandson. W had two rooms booked.
Not having a clue what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was HUGE, staff was friendly, had a full kitchen with a dishwasher, the sofa pulled out into a bed, the bathroom was spotless, had a huge closet, nice flat screen tv.
Not a fancy place and could use a little updating, but what you get for the money more than makes up for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City? Share your experiences!