“Good deal and good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Earth City
Waterloo
“Good deal and good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, we were in town to visit a friend and go to a Blues game. I found a great deal on a 2 queen room on Hotwire using their secret rate, it was over half off the normal rate. We were not in the room long but we had no issues. The beds & pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was pretty spacious, and it had a fridge and microwave which I am always a fan of having in the room. This was one of the nicer places we've stayed at this price and just a 20-30 minute drive to downtown and is close to plenty of restaurants too. Definitely would recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Well that is how we were rudely awakened in the middle of the night..... Turned out there was no emergency because we never received further instructions and this was after getting locked out of our room. We still have four more days here... So far the experience has been terrible. Rooms are generally average and bathrooms are small and bathrooms don't have a fan either. Hope rest of week goes better but overall not real impressed by this establishment. I think next time we'll spend the extra money and go to kirkwood.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Tortugakk,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found this Holiday Inn on a recent road trip through Missouri. The hotel has been recently renovated and was very clean and neat, apart from some ice cream?? smeared on the inside door of one of the elevators. Our room was clean and very nicely appointed, and the pool and fitness facilities were good. They have a restaurant attached which had quite good food and service, although there were hardly any people in it. The whole facility did not seem to be very busy and I hope this was just a down day as it deserves to get busier and do well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a well maintained 3+ star property. Right off the Interstate in a quiet area. It is labelled as a airport location but it is a 5-10' drive from the aiport. Free coffee in lobby in the morning, my room had a small fridge, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The ice machine is near the elevator and is noisy so ask to be further down the hall.

Room Tip: See above--avoid the rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Airport West. Friendly staff. Clean and quiet hotel! No complaints. Went to concert at Verizon Wireless and hotel provided shuttle to and from. Had food from hotel restaurant as well...pretty decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Was a spur of the moment trip and I ended up staying there two night. It's convenient, quite, clean, staff couldn't have been more helpful, and was reasonable. Room was very clean, nice large flat screen TV, comfortable bed and very quite.
They have a bar / restaurant just off the lobby. It's more suitable for drinking than eating. (I had two bowls of their French Onion soup, was very tasty).

Room Tip: I stayed on the SW (back) side of the building. Not sure if it was any quieter than the front side b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Hotel was great, I stayed there two days. The only problem I had was a mistake made by one of the clerks. I had place the privacy sign outside my door so when the cleaning person saw it instructions was placed under the door to call the front desk when I wanted the room serviced. When I got ready to leave for the day at about 1030 I called the front desk and told the clerk I was leaving for the day and the room could be serviced. When I returned that night at about 10 I was my key card wouldn't work and when I went to the front desk to get that fixed I was told the clerk earlier had checked me out of the room. Luckily my luggage and other items was still in the room and the night clerk checked me back into the room. But each time I'm in the Saint Louis Area I'm going to stay here

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Airport West? Share your experiences!