“It is not always a true statement when they say you get what you pay for cause I got more than I expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Airport West

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Earth City
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The night clerk was nice was late arriving due to work and other delays room was still available. The bed was high and very comfortable bottle water and snacks in the room tv stations that I like to watch the remote may need to be replace or the battiers now my major problem was no bathtub only a shower and i wanted a soak down bath other than that it was great

• Stayed August 2013

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this location as the result of an online discount offer. Probably wouldn't have chose it otherwise and we were a little concerned at how far away it was from our destination of Missouri Baptist Univ but as things turned out, it was a good choice. Reportedly, the hotel recently went through a very major renovation - it's quite new and clean feeling.

We arrived at 1130pm and were picked up by the hotel shuttle driver. Great guy, very accommodating and he even took us back out to White Castle after we'd gotten checked in. (Note... ALWAYS use the drive-thru at the local White Castle - it's NOT a good neighborhood!!!).

The hotel is located in a commercial area but not a "bad" area at all. It's literally a few miles from the Verizon Amphitheatre and we even caught a concert while we were there.

The front desk staff was very accommodating and the room was fine. Clean, comfortable and definitely priced right from our online deal. Not sure what the regular rate was, but our deal was unbeatable!

They have a decent restaurant on site, a very small business center and good parking.

Over-all, a good experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear lernerfive,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so I was very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Centralia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Staying at this hotel for one night and I am glad it isn't any longer. I've been here for an hour honestly and I'm ready to leave. I'm in the business center and am sweating because the temperature is very poorly regulated. My room is beautiful upon first glance but it has two cleaning rags on the bedside table and a half eaten Jimmy John's sandwich in the mini fridge, which tells me the housekeeping staff was not very thorough. I also have to go through the housekeeping quarters to access the stairs if I don't want to use the elevator. I'm really not too impressed with this one and intend on letting the staff know.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear McDowellM,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Central Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this week for some Cardinal games in STL. Booked through Hotwire and it's always a crap shoot what you'll get for a room. Mike at the front desk Sunday night set us up with a double room at our request. Mike and the other staff at the front desk were always helpful and accommodating. The indoor pool was at a comfortable temperature and refreshing.

The only negatives are trying to figure out how to manouever into the hotel from I-70 initially and that our keys had to be reset 3 times during our stay. Otherwise this hotel is a great bargain and I would stay here again on future trips to STL.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I cannot thank all of the staff who helped when me when my flight was canceled. From the shuttle driver to the front desk staff, everyone showed concern and really helped me out. The hotel is recently remodeled and the bed was extremely comfortable. The indoor pool really helped calm my frayed nerves. The next morning, the front desk staff continued to provide assistance - this is 5 star service in my book!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It was clear to me that the hotel staff was disinterested in doing their jobs from the moment I walked in. The desk clerk was unhelpful. The next day when I returned to the room at 4:45 PM the room had not been cleaned. When I called down to ask that it be cleaned, the clerk's first response was to offer to bring up towels instead of cleaning the room. I replied no, that I wanted my room cleaned, and mentioned that there was a housekeeping person on my floor. She then asked if I had talked to her, and I resisted to urge to ask isn't that your job, and said no, asking her to have someone clean the room. The room was cleaned the next four days, but usually incompletely. The restaurant, Malone's, is not worth going to. I had an OK breakfast the first morning, followed by terrible service and a botched order the second day. My dinner on the first night was unpalatable, the low point being a bowl of green beans with a couple of pieces of bacon that had been microwaved into grayness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear nukeprof,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

I humbly extend an apology for the dissatisfaction you had with our houesekeeping services and for the poor customer service you received. This is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with and we deeply regret the troubles you have encountered.

Dhan M
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice and clean and quiet and rooms are dark when curtains drawn. The indoor pool had lots of chlorine that burned the kids eyes quickly, but nice swim area. Coffee bar was weak, restaurant on site, but didn't try it. Staff was able to correct a booking problem we had that was very nice and welcomed.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear BW2003,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on the front desk staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Airport West? Share your experiences!