“Good fit for family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Earth City
Texas
“Good fit for family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pros:
- Good price/value
- Clean
- Best free hotel breakfast I've seen in ages. Fresh, tasty, good variety.
- Easy access from I-70, both east & west.
- Airport is about 20 minutes away.
- Quiet. I liked that the AC fan was able to be set "ON" - I like white noise.
- Friendly service.

Cons:
- Beds weren't the most comfortable.
- Hot tub was out of order.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
DeKalb, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a family reunion. The hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast and dinners were excellent!
One drawback I found was that the walls were paper thin. You could hear everyone and everything. The other thing I noticed was some wear and tear in the hotel (although I am sure it sees plenty of visitors with is approximation to the airport and the Rams training facility). One tip for those who like to get outdoors and walk or run--there is nowhere directly around the hotel that is safe to do that, due to it's location. I did find a lovely trail right on the Missouri river that was only about a 2 mile car ride away.
I thought it was a good deal for the money and it was great for our family of 10 to be able to relax and sit together at breakfast or dinner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Visited STL with my wife and in-law's over Memorial Day weekend and booked our trip through Southwest Airlines Vacations since it would include hotel/car/flight in one package. Initially I was not happy with this hotel because it was located completely across town from where we would be doing our business at in the Crestwood area of STL. But SWA Vacations didn't have a huge selection of hotels to choose from so I went with the only Marriott Residence Inn available since there would be 4 of us. While unhappy with my hotel options at booking, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Every single staff member was very friendly and accommodating and I felt very welcome here. The hotel itself is well maintained and very clean. Amenities like pool, fitness center, gift shop, etc were all satisfactory. Breakfast in the morning was very good for a hotel so that was a great surprise. The front office manager at the front desk was a friendly guy who greeted everyone. The location still leaves a lot to be desired because its in the middle of a business park off of I-70. Fortunately there is a McDonalds and MotoMart convenience store right next door within walking distance plus there is a Jack In the Box about 2-3 blocks down. Beds and the pillows in the room were incredibly comfy and my father in law and I remarked how we slept so well like babies! Only things that were unsatisfactory was (A) the first night we were there (5/25/12), there was a huge family reunion that occupied every inch of the 1st floor and entry area that was loud til late at night with people yelling and kids running everywhere and (2) the A/C unit in my room was loud (but it worked great) each time it kicked on. Interesting note is that this hotel is directly across the street from the training facility and offices for the St Louis Rams NFL team. Overall I do recommend this property and it was worth the drive across town.

Room Tip: Room has long hallways so try not to stay too far down from elevators otherwise you'll be hiking...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pender, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

The service at this hotel was great, and had the standard amenities of any Residence Inn. Overall it was a decent hotel and I would most likely stay again given the opportunity. It was the inattention to some small details that turned me off.

The towels in the room should have been replaced long ago as they had spots on them that nearly had holes in them. The sheets for the spare bed actually did have holes in them; and the coach cushions needed cleaning. Other than that, everything was good.

My family and I had a nice New Year's eve at the hotel. The pool stayed open till 10:00 pm and opened again at 7:00 am which accommodated the kids very well. The staff was excellent, and made you feel like you were the most important person there, even though they had a full house that night.

• Stayed December 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The folks that work there are very friendly. I used the workout area which was O.K. and went for a swim in thier heated pool which was nice as well. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was laid out very nicely but the beds were very, very hard. Also my daughter could hear the elevator running all night so make sure that you get a room NOT located by the elevator. The breakfast which was included was O,K, as well. All-in-all it was an O.K. experience, nothing special but no WOW factor either, but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Altoona, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on an extended weekend vacation with our 12, 14 and older son and his wife. The room arrangement was excellent as we had the two bedroom two bath unit with pull out couch and roll-away bed and kitchenette. The room was very well kept and service was excellent. My only complaint was that housekeeping never left enough towels. You would think they would see the roll-away and fold out beds were being used and their records would have shown six people staying in the room.

They offered breakfast which had numerous choices and evening meals Monday - Thursday. With our schedule we enjoyed only one of the evening meals. The pool was very clean and conveniently located.

We attended two of the Cardinal games in town and other activities around town and found the commute was very easy.

This hotel was a great option for our family and will definitely look into other Residence Inns as we travel in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed at this Residence Inn the night before an early morning flight out of STL. The hotel was dated and needs to be renovated. The bed was terrible. I have stayed at other Residence Inn's before and this was the worst.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!