Travelled with my partner. Resort is basic but that makes it great. No modern commodities - back to the real island living.. The staff are amazing full of life and always looking for fun. Meals are great, drinks a plenty. You even get the occasional visitors with day trippers coming to the island. Hey what else do you need - you have a bed to sleep in, a toilet to do whatever you need, a shower, a bar, food, and crystal blue waters to swim in, great outgoing staff, traditional shows day and night from the amazing talented staff.. You don't need anymore than that.
Met some of the owners/managers - great wonderful people.
One thing to note though - power is switched off at midnight on the dot and goes back on at 7am. But there is light from the lanterns on all paths and if it's hot jump in the pool before you go to bed it will keep you cool enough till power goes back on. We had the experience of being in the pool when power went off - didn't bother us one bit. There's enough light to wander around - you are not in complete blackness.
It's an amazing feeling when the power does go off-the still of the night-waves washing up on the shore-peaceful peaceful peaceful.
We had an awesome time not long enough though - we are heading back in March for long weekend. Can't wait to catch up with all that work on the island.
PS: You need to have a massage - half the price of any upper class hotel/resort. and their wonderful.
- Also Known As:
- Robinson Crusoe Island Hotel Nadi
- Robinson Crusoe Island Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Robinson Crusoe Island recreates that perfect tropical island rhythm, where you'll experience the beautiful Fijian customs, culture and cuisine. A secluded Fiji Beach Resort with very affordable Fiji Island Accommodation.Truly a paradise, complete with an incredible assortment of free activities for you to enjoy. Live the life with fantastic Fijian traditions like fire and knife dance shows, basket making, dancing under the stars, bonfires, and kava ceremonies - and take in even more of the incredible local culture via the freshest of island feasts. So much to do! You don't want to forget the majestic beauty of the ocean, so hit the water with free snorkelling and sea kayaking, take a jet ski tour or head for the exciting water park. You're on holiday so you need to get pampered! Treat yourself to the onsite Nautilus Spa. Get cultural and learn to make coconut jewellery or pick up island dancing or why not cast out a line for some amazing sports fishing. Fancy a few rounds of golf? Get your game up on the world class scenic Natadola Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Robinson Crusoe Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.