“Great specialty sandwiches and salads” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 25 Restaurants in Dexter
Cuisines: American
Dexter, Missouri
“Great specialty sandwiches and salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place for lunch, especially in warmer weather when the deck is open. Biggest drawback is the Corner Stop Café is only open through early afternoon.

Visited August 2013

Dexter, Missouri
“Not what I was expecting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised. The food is definitely different than what you would think you would find in Dexter. The chicken salad was great! The apples and grapes made it so yummy! The inside is pretty small, but they have an outside eating area as well. The buliding itself was very cute and clean. We will continue to visit the restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fisk, mo.
“Don't know what to think”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch on recommendation of my wife. Walked in at 1:24, sat down, 2 other tables of 2 people were only other guests. Sat against wall by cash register, no reason for someone not to see me or acknowledge my presence. One of the ladies walked out towards the register, to be fair she may not have seen me, don't know. At 1:29 I said to myself, "surely they will check on the dining room soon". Waitress brought out food for one of the tables and then brought me back a menu at 1:32. Not a horrible wait, but why is the dining room left unattended for 8 minutes in middle of day? Anyway, food supposed to be great, so swallow your feelings and order. Got the Reuben and potato salad. Came out fairly quickly. Potato salad was brown, not the potatoes, the wet ingredients were brown. Never tasted brown potato salad, again to be fair, tried it and it was ok. Hard to get past the appearance, but taste was ok. Reuben was presented well, looked good. Bread was toasted, very good. Corned beef, however, was way below quality you would expect. Had to, shall we say, move two big bites from mouth to napkin because could not chew it into manageable size to swallow. Really disappointed. Waitress came by to bus table and asked how was everything. I just shrugged my shoulders and made a bad face. She did not ask for explanation. I coulda left it at that, but now the coup-de-grace. She brought my ticket out, it was itemized, $7.50 for the sandwich - $1.50 for my tea - makes $10.00 plus $.71 tax equals $10.71. I asked her if there was any charge I didn't see on ticket. She said "Seven fifty for your sandwich and a dollar fifty for your tea, makes ten dollars plus seventy-one cents tax." I said no, seven fifty plus a dollar fifty does not equal ten dollars. Without missing a beat, she instantly said "that's right, it'll be $9.64" Could not add the ticket correctly while looking at it, but figured tax on nine dollars instantly in her head. Got the feeling my ticket was not the first to be figured creatively. I would tell folks, check your ticket before you pay.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Personable staff and delicious food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I have tried maybe 6-7 items or more from the menu out of 15 items and I have always been impressed. The food is always so yummy and it's made fresh daily and to order. Their sandwiches, salads and deserts are always a pleasure to have and try. It's makin me crave this just writing it! Mmmmm! Definitely go and try this if you're around, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

They have the best food! Their breakfast selection is YUMMY! Their quiche is awesome. We love eating here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere