“Cuba, RT 66 & Best Western” 5 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   246 Highway P, Cuba, MO 65453 (Formerly Cuba Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Frenchburg, Kentucky
“Cuba, RT 66 & Best Western”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while traveling out west. It was a nice stay. The room was clean and well kept. We didn't use the pool (April). We did enjoy the breakfast offered and it was good. The hotel was close to restaurants and was located right off the interstate. The town of cuba is small. I enjoyed seeing the murals and the large rocking chair. Eat at the Kountry Kitchen by the motel. They had really good food and the service was good and fast. I would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Try the Kountry Kitchen restaurant close by the motel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cuba Inn Best Western early Jan 2012 and were very pleasantly surprised. Though we currently live in Ohio, we grew up in this area. We’ve been visiting family and friends along the Missouri I-44 corridor since it was a two lane road called Route 66. We feel unusually qualified to post our opinion. We remember when this motel originally opened. And we are very happy to see that it has been updated and part of the local business community again.
From the outside, the building is a former 1970’s motor hotel (motel). The building, it’s layout and room size is typical for the period. Inside, the décor has been updated to match current hotel styles. It has a small but modern lobby. The breakfast room is clean, bright and comfortable. In addition to hot breakfast choices there is cereal, fruit, breakfast breads, juice, coffee, milk. I served myself a sausage and egg biscuit, my husband made waffles. Our room looked just like the pictures. It had a comfy king size bed, TV with cable, free high speed internet, WiFi, outlets for our rechargeables, a small frig, microwave and coffee maker. The heater kept the room snug, the shower was strong and hot and the towels fluffy. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Pizza Hut is next door, a County Kitchen just beyond that. We also recommend Missouri Hick Bar-B-Q and Frisco's Grill & Pub, both are in Cuba (within a couple of miles). There are other familiar food choices in between. Cuba Inn is a great place to over night while traveling. Or stay a while to visit Meremec and Onandoga Caverns to the east and the winery’s around St James to the west.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is located right off Hwy I-44. I like to use priceline so I paid a little more than usual for an average hotel like this one. The rooms were decent size and the bathroom was clean.The shower head was really powerful with lots of pressure. The front desk was friendly when checking in. The breakfast was nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed on a Wednesday night. Our room was clean & comfortable. The pool was a welcome surprize. The breakfast was pretty good too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stay at this motel annually and we have never been disappointed. Comfortable beds, great staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Oak Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

As I said in my last review, I stay here every week. The people are friendly, the place is clean, and the price is right. They keep up with the maintanence and apperance. They recently replaced the beds and the bedding and it looks and feels great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

If you ever need a place to stay stay here. The people are friendly good hot breakfast and the rooms are super clean and I do mean clean. I would never stay any place else. The rooms and hotel llok like they are brand new. Even the outside of the building is clean and the parking lot and pool is clean. They even made sure we had and extra large room because they were boooked

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!