“Average” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Stockton, California
“Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Drury Inn & Suites for 2 nights over the July Fourth holiday as we moved across the country. No complaints, but the rooms were just average...nothing special. Felt very dated. Bonus point for the free internet, free breakfast, and for being pet-friendly ( though there wasn't an area for pet to use the bathroom). It was also quite affordable.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice. Came to town for the Cardinals game and Motley Crue concert. Staff was amazing and very friendly. Not sure what the last reviewer is talking about it being dirty and the pool being cloudy. Everything was immaculate while we were there! Free breakfast was great and free dinner as well! Only downside is that their hotel shuttle only travels to corporate offices. We had left our car at a friend's hotel and had to make other arrangements to pick it up. We will

definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Dirty filthy hotel. Reeked of smoke on the nonsmoking floor. Front desk staff was extremely rude. Bugs crawling everywhere. Dead rat on the elevator. Pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom. Drive a few miles and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I am unfamiliar with any of the issues you have listed. We have never had a rodent problem in our hotel as we follow a very strict exterminating schedule. We also have an in depth policy when it comes to our pool. We conduct pool readings multiple times a day to ensure our guests are safe when swimming. I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you personally and to learn more about your experiences while at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Thank you for staying with us when in Saint Louis.

Trisha Hoefel
Canton, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We spent 2 nights here on our July 4th vacation. The employees are super friendly and helpful. They even prepared lists of local fireworks, along with directions from the hotel. Great breakfast with staff continuing to replace food. House keeping left our daughter a sweet message about her pillow! Mad her day!

Room Tip: We had a quiet room on the 6th floor, away from elevators- 650
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a good location. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was fully booked the days I stayed but it didn't seem to faze the staff. I didn't hang around the hotel or use any of the facilities as I booked it just for a place to sleep and hold my belongings. I will try to stay here again in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Norwood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband has been staying here for work related purposes for years. On occasion I come and stay with him. I was just there a few days ago... And every time I forget why I didn't like the hotel until I get there and get to bed.. I mean.. I like the hotel over all.. It's nice and clean, rooms are okay sized, parking is awesome with under cover parking, check in is always easy, breakfast is one of the nicer ones but still hotelish with those odd scrambled eggs that don't seem real and yogurt that has aspartame in it but it does have fresh fruit and those little orange pastries are very good... Free popcorn and drinks til; 10pm is a big plus. We aren't normally there for the evening meal but don't care for the same things over and over again....

My biggest complaints though, are the beds... We've had the rooms with just a king, two queens and a suite with two queens and a pull out. I love my husband but when we are in a bed and he moves which makes we move and wakes me up... I don't get much rest and then I'm not so happy with my husband. I need to realize it's not him but the beds. The king wasn't as bad but it still was too soft and moved too much.

Our most recent stay just this last week had us in a double queen suite.. Was I ever glad. We had a son with us who was there for a doctor's appointment. My husband and I took one queen and my son the other queen.. not too long after going to bed my brain 'light bulb' turned on and I said.. oh yeah.. I forgot why I don't like this hotel... grr.. what to do.. So, I pulled out the sleeper sofa and slept on that. MUCH better. Much more firm over all. I slept decent for two nights. Albeit the covers over all were too light and not much for that snuggle down and cozy feeling you want in a bed but I did sleep much better. One of the previous times just my husband and I were there I ended up sleeping in the other queen by myself.. Not very conducive to a happy marriage!

Do you have any rooms with firmer beds in them? The queen is okay for just one person but not for two if you prefer a firmer mattress and not being moved around by the person sleeping next to you.....

There is a small kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and individual serving coffee pot. Bathroom was kind of squishy with needing to close the door to walk around to the shower area but not a big deal. I must say though, the toilet paper is better at the mall down the freeway!

The recliner was very comfortable and a person could probably sleep in it in need be. The couch is almost too small just to sleep on without pulling it out. Nice little table to work on with a couple chairs.

Over all a really great hotel if only I could sleep with my husband in the same bed and actually get some sleep.....

Room Tip: If you like a firm mattress think twice... or call and see if they have any rooms with a firmer matt...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for 15 nights 2 years ago when we were in-between house moves. The staff was great, and very accommodating.
We returned to the St. Louis area, and decided to stay here again. The main reason was the free room we earned from the 2012 stay. Plus, we were pleased with the friendly staff and amenities: Happy Hour + light snacks/appetizers, free hot & cold breakfast, plus indoor garage parking below the hotel. Also, it was convenient to visiting friends and family, and we were familiar with the area.
It was so nice to see the same manager, plus other staff that we recognized--and vice versa. We conversed with them and they treated us like family.
Our room had a bathroom issue the morning after our first night, and they immediately moved us to a new room.
The only downside about this hotel is that it's showing its age of 20 years. We learned they will be doing a complete remodel November 2014 through Feb. 2015, which will be great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur? Share your experiences!