“Business trip (1 week stay)” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11980 Olive Blvd., Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63141   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Business trip (1 week stay)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay for business travelers. The Drury Inn offers a hot breakfast every morning and snacks and alcohol in the evening. It was really more than snacks- you could have made it a dinner. They served things like salad, grilled chicken, nachos, soup, popcorn. You also get a card that is good for 3 alcoholic drinks every night of your stay. That was a nice way to relax and wind down from the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first experience with this specific hotel chain and all I can say is wow! They set themselves apart from the competition by claiming to provide extras, that don’t cost you extra, and boy do they deliver – this place was more inclusive than all inclusive 4 star resort I stayed at in Mexico recently (can Drury please start building some resorts on tropical islands please :) ).
Upon arriving I was met with a friendly greeting, and every single employed that passed me while I stood there getting checked in acknowledged me and offered a friendly hello. I’ve never, ever stayed at a place with such outstanding customer service! While getting checked in another guest approached the counter and asked if they had a gift shop, the employee said no, but asked what he was looking for. The guest said he needed some Ibuprofen, so the employee reached into a drawer and handed him a couple packets of Ibuprofen without any hesitation. The guests asked how much he owed him and the employee replied “have a good day.” I was speechless!! I could go on and on about the guest and employee interactions that I witness that made me speechless. It’s just hard to find customer service like this anymore!
We stayed two nights, had a free breakfast, had our free “kickback,” (which we turned into dinner) and enjoyed three free mixed drinks with our kickback each night. We honestly didn’t have to spend much money on food because of everything you get for free!! This place could definitely charge more per night and still end up saving me money.
As much as I did love this hotel, and they are far ahead of their competition, I did find myself looking for some healthier options at breakfast and the kickback, but mainly breakfast. They had the regular eggs, sausage, cereal, juice, biscuits and gravy, and so on, but as far as the healthy items went they only had a light yogurt (which was Yoplait), oatmeal, and a few fruits like an apple and lemon. Even if I wanted a bowl of cereal they only had 2% milk. At the very least it would have been nice to see some skim milk and a few more fruits, like bananas. Very far from a complaint though, just a suggestion for the future.
The beds and pillows were comfortable and the entire establishment was very, very clean -I would definitely stay again! I don’t even know if I’ll stay at another hotel chain unless there isn’t a Drury in the area.
==Logistical comments to guests===
-If you’re not familiar with the area the entire St Louis area and surrounding communities are having problems with car break-ins – I asked the front desk about it upon arrival and he admitted they had a few cars broken into right out in front of their hotel HOWEVER this Drury’s 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors are a covered parking garage and they haven’t had any problems with break-ins inside of their parking garage – this covered parking garage was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel as I thought it would reduce the risk of break-in – we parked on the 4th floor and had no problems.
-I’m personally not fond of elevators, while you do have to go right outside of the front door to access the stairwell up to the room, it wasn’t a huge deal and the stairs we very accessible and secure, requiring a room key for entry just like every other entrance to the hotel outside of the lobby door.
-This hotel is right off the interstate – the intersection you go through to get on and off and interstate is photo enforced (red light cameras) – be careful 
-The pool is a little small, so if you love to be in the pool, this might be something you want to account for.
-This hotel is right outside of the city, maybe 15 minutes to the zoo and 20 minutes to the arch. Not a bad drive at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Altamont, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here after we attended the ZZ Top, Uncle Kracker, and Kid Rock concert at the Verizon Amphitheatre. What a great room. Bed was wonderful. It was really nice that Applebee's next door was open late and could get a drink and late night snack too. I would stay here again for sure. Breakfast was great, plus the staff was right on top of things there too.
Location was easy to get to and to get back on the interstate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevenson Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

MY daughter and I recently stayed here for four nights during a trip to get her settled into Washington University in St Louis. We had originally booked closer into the city, but when a Cubs game was going to be in town, I decided against staying in the city. The room was fantastic with very comfortable bed, pillows.....very clean sheets, towels and room in general. Although breakfast was busy, it was adequate with plenty of choices and great coffee. There was even a happy hour with free drinks.

Definitely recommend this hotel, for a more low key stay without the added expense of staying in the city.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PHOENIX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business. The room was very clean, had a microwave and refrigerator, reclining chair and the staff was friendly. The only thing I missed was weights in the fitness room. But there was cardio equipment available. I would/will stay here again. The Gateway Arch is about 25 minutes away and it was a quick easy drive.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time last night and I honestly cannot think of a single complaint. Amazing all around! The 5:30 Kickback includes 3 free alcoholic beverages (1 more than most Drury hotels) and great snack offerings also. The penne marinara with meatballs was delish! A late night Domino's order was delivered right to our room - which is super rare but wonderful. Comfy bed and great water pressure in the shower. Really, best hotel in St. Louis!

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I spent five nights in this hotel while on a course in St Louis. The hotel is clean, quiet and safe. The staff are very friendly and professional and there are lots of restaurants and sandwich shops within walking distance. I really enjoyed my stay at this property and when in St Louis in the future I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur? Share your experiences!