We travel to St. Louis often because we have family there, and usually stay at the La Quinta on Lackland Rd. in the Westport area-- very close to this Drury Inn. We wanted to try something different and maybe find a hotel with an indoor pool. Based on the Tripadvisor reviews, we chose this Drury Inn. We were not happy with our stay. Here are the main reasons…
• Front desk was swamped when we checked in with a line 5 or 6 people long.
• The evening drinks and snacks “Happy Hour” was packed. There was no place to sit, and my husband had to wait in line 10 minutes to get a beer.
• Everywhere you looked there were unsupervised children running around. I asked one of them “Are you here with a Youth Group or something?” They said “No, just here with my parents.” (And just so you know, we are not anti-kids… we were traveling with our 2 year old.)
• The pool was closed when we tried to go swimming. Try explaining to a 2 year old that they can’t go swimming after you have been talking it up all day. Not fun.
• The hallway was noisy all night. I was woken up twice by kids running and being loud, and once by some sort of loud cart at 5:30 in the morning.
• We went down at 6:15 with our 2 year old to eat breakfast, only to be told that breakfast doesn’t start till 7am on the weekends. Luckily they had already put out the cereal, and my daughter was content with that.
I’m not sure why this Drury Inn was overrun with children… I think maybe families with lots of kids stay here and take advantage of free breakfast and (sort of) dinner. Having said all that, I realize that a lot of these complaints are not in the control of the Hotel, but if you are trying to choose a calm, restful place to stay, I highly recommend the La Quinta. It is just as good, but without the indoor pool and “happy hour.”
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Creve Coeur
- Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur Hotel
- Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur Hotel Creve Coeur
- Drury Inn Creve Coeur
- Drury Creve Coeur
- Creve Coeur Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur Saint Louis, MO
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Whether you are looking to head to the top of the Gateway Arch or cheer on the Cardinals, the Drury Inn & Suites is the place to stay. Located in the suburban community of Creve Coeur, the Drury Inn & Suites provides easy access to St. Louis area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Drury Hotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Creve Coeur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.