“Impressed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur

You added Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur to your Saves list
Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   828 N New Ballas Road, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Batesville, Arkansas
“Impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My hubby took our family on a mini vaca and we spent one night at this hotel. I'm normal very weary of hotels because I'm a germaphobe and afraid of bed bugs!! As we walked in the room, I was instantly impressed! It smelled very clean and the room was spotless! The first thing I did was check for bed bugs and was happy to NOT find any! Still, I used my Clorox wipes and Lysol in the bathroom.
The beds were very comfortable and the room was very stylish and fresh. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I WILL recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Midwest USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The evening of check-in, the front desk staff were there and did their job. Nothing warm friendly or welcoming at all. In the morning the staff was much friendlier & made me feel like a welcome guest...but I already had my first impression.

Unlike other Courtyards - there is no breakfast available - just a Bistro. Staff in the morning - couldn't care less if you were a customer or not. Two people were staffing the area, but only one seemed to take orders or do anything. I stood long enough for 2 guests and 10 minutes and finally gave up. However I did come back because I needed to grab a napkin, guess what? There was nothing on the counter - all of the napkins were behind the counter and they still hadn't gotten guest #2 wrapped up yet.

I will certainly continue to keep my business with the Hilton & Holiday Inn properties - at least they still know what a breakfast means to it's guests, or at least free coffee.

Oh and the room - average and nothing more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
STLCC, General Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and sharing your experience with the Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur. I appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you.

You indicated in your comments that the service your received at the Bistro was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Thank you for your loyalty and patronage to Marriott.
Evansville, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel, and we really like it, but with a 3 year old to entertain, the pool is very important. All day our daughter had been looking forward to swimming, but when we go to the pool it was intolerably cold! Poor thing was blue, and kept trying to get in but just couldn't stand it. Of course, the hot tub was too hot, and by the end of the attempted swim, we had a very fussy toddler on our hands. The beds are great, and everything else was great, but we really pick a hotel by the pool, and I don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

A disclaimer: I stayed at this hotel with Priceline Express Deals and paid only $55/night. With that in mind, this hotel was an excellent value! It is definitely one of the older Courtyards, but it is in a good location (very close to I-270) and very clean. Also, the service that my wife and I received was excellent. While it is too old to be worth more than $80/night, at $55/night, it is an excellent deal!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had the opportunity to say at this Courtyard and find it to be a really good place to stay. The staff is very friendly and made me feel right at home. The rooms and lobby area are very comfortable and the location convenient being just a short ride from the airport but close to everything I needed for business.

I will stay here again when in the area and the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
STLCC, General Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to report a review of our Hotel to Trip Advisor. I appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and the Hotel. We pride ourselvs on taking care of our guests so I am glad to hear you felt the service was friendly and that the location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the St. Louis area. Thank you again for your patronage to Marriott and the Creve Coeur Courtyard.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

came to the area to see friends and booked here...Nice place. Room size was good, bed was very good, everything was modern and clean. only complaint was the pillows were square, a little small and too soft.

Lobby had an eating area which had good food . The pool and work out area looked good although I did not try them out. Staff were very friendly and were extremely helpful.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
STLCC, General Manager at Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review about our Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our newly renovated Hotel. We take great pride in our building and staff so I will make sure to pass your kind words along to my team. By the way, we are currently in the process of updating all our pillows. Hopefully your next visit they will not be so soft!
Minnesota City, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This property is truly a business hotel for short term stays in an active area of St. Louis. It serves business travelers who are constantly on the go and seems to build its amenities around those needs.

There is a bistro with limited - but quick - food service and a bar. Breakfast is not included which - based on competing hotels in the neighborhood - makes this property less of a value than its nearby competitor.

I stayed there for a week in October. My room was a bit dogeared but clean. Apparently there had been some remodeling at one time and the patched areas were done poorly with a coating of heavy stucco like coating and high gloss paint. Housekeeping was inconsistent in terms of re-stocking disposables and re-staging of the room. It was always an adventure looking for the remote. With all the concerns about cleanliness in rooms I was impressed that the glassware was wrapped in plastic with a sticker that said "sparkling clean" nice touch!

The staff was friendly and efficient and only slightly abrupt - mostly because they were always quite busy.

The rooms are on 4 floors the lowest of which are on floor zero. I suggest avoiding this floor as the halls were less clean due to traffic and seemed a bit musty.

Stayed October 2013

Been to Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur? Share your experiences!