“Best Value for the Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central

You added Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12161 Lackland Road, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Best Value for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I decided to stay here after selling my home and it was very nice. My room was handicapped equipment and clean. The front desk offered to remove anything I didn't think I needed to move aroound since I have a mobility device. The bathroom was clean as well as the shower. I truly feel comfortable and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesterfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have recently stayed here because my girlfriend and i wanted a hotel with a kitchen in it due to it being valentines day and she wanted to cook. When we got into the room we had mixed emotions. The kitchen was ok and a suprise to say the least. The room was what you would expect for the price. We noticed on the lamp next to the T.V. that the wire to plug it up was completly exposed (fire hazard don't you think). It was nice to see that they have upgraded to flat screens. The bathroom however, was very dissappointing. There was mold on the tub surround and was in desperate need of re-caulking. The tub itself was no where near white. It looked as if a coal miner soaked in it. The exhaust vent was full of lint, dust, dirt and debris. By logic, this means its not doing its intended purpose which is the cause of the mold. There were stains on the ceiling and door also. Its great they had free wi-fi and the front desk staff was very pleasant. I would not recommend this hotel to any friends or family for the lack of attention to maintenance and housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your suite. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards, and that we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with our hotel manager and staff in order to investigate your case in more detail.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed here many times and as far as I am concerned, the rooms are hit and miss, but mostly good here. Occasionally I will get a room with a gross chair or sticky carpet, but the rooms always appear clean. Sometimes they seem a little rundown. torn carpet, and scuffs here and there, but overall not too bad.

I like that there is a kitchen stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and a full refrigerator in every room (that I have been in). Sometimes they are missing some plates or pots and pans, but if you need them, they will work tirelessly until they have found some. I honestly usually just eat out so I can't really say how often I have noticed this.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby of different price ranges, but nothing to walk to. There is always plenty of parking as well.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, most of the rooms are the same with the exception of the handicapped rooms whi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you like the kitchens in the rooms and even if there are some items that are occasionally missing, I am happy to hear that the staff worked tirelessly to get the issue corrected. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The cleanliness is not up to par. I know that you get what you pay for but I expect dated rooms in a 2 star hotel not filthy ones. The room smelled so bad that I immediately went out and bought febreeze. The carpet had not been vacuumed, there were stains on the sheets, and mold covered the bottom of the shower curtain and bathroom vent which did not work. To make it even worse, the maintenance man knocked at 8:30am one morning to change out lamp shades?!? I didn't see why that wasn't done when guests weren't there. Needless to say laying in bed while a stranger changes lamp shades over you is uncomfortable to say the least. Thankfully my boyfriend helped unscrew and screw them on the speed up the process. The beds are AWFUL, my back is still hurting from sleeping on them. Overall it is just not worth the headache, spend the extra $20 and stay somewhere nicer!

The two pros- The front desk staff was very nice and the location was good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The housekeeping and maintenance issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the entire staff on cleanliness of the guest rooms and the inspection process. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I uploaded 10 pictures of my hotel suite - you can form your own opinion. I stayed 5 nights. Pros: hotel location (easy access to highway and restaurants); room size (big); bathroom size (big); room amenities (fridge, microwave and 32 inch flat screen TV); comfortable and clean bed; free parking and free internet. Cons: intermittent internet access (it only worked during the day); maid service once a week; front desk staffed 7 am 11 pm. This is hotel is nice as long as you keep in mind it is a two star property. Don't go in expecting Hilton/Sheraton/Marriott luxury and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I do appreciate the 10 pictures that you posted as well, as it presents a true visual of the property. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room Wi-Fi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Fulton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

I booked this room on priceline for $28 with tax the price was $39.66. I was going to be having surgery very early the next day and didn't want to drive 2 hours at 3am in the morning. The room fit my needs it had a frudge, small stove, micowave, coffee pot. The room was clean too. The only complaint I had was the shower curtain had mold on it.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead St. Louis - Westport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of the condition of the shower curtain is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel was very nice, the staff were very welcoming, and were very informed. The hallway to the room smelled a bit; however the room I stayed in had no smell. The room was very spacious and clean. When I have to go up to St. Louis again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead St. Louis - Westport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. As the manager I will make sure that I pay special attention to the scent in the hallways.

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!