“Large but outdated rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central

You added Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12161 Lackland Road, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Creve Coeur
O'Fallon, Illinois, USA
“Large but outdated rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I just needed a cheap room near work one night, and I stayed here. Having a kitchen is great because I was able to cook my own breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately there was no oven and no non stick pans. The dishes were not clean very well and there was no provided dish soap for me to wash them.

The room was very large, and mostly clean, other than the dishes. The lobby looked very nice, but the room was outdated. The bed was kind of comfortable, but I have slept on better.

I got there late and had to be buzzed in by a on call staff member to check in, when I left there was no one at the front desk, it was not open yet.

Over all it was good for a quick stay, maybe a few days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead St. Louis - Westport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The staff was friendly and the rooms were large and Very clean. Me and my wife fell in love with the floor to ceiling closet mirrors right by the bed. ;-)

Room Tip: 4th floor even# rooms has the Best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead St. Louis - Westport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

perfect location for west county---in Westport-----convenient to highway and shopping, restaurants----wonderful place if you are not looking for a glamorous facility----it is a 2 star and perfectly rated-----interior corridors-----workout facility----kitchen, which I love for meals, snacks, etc.-------free wi-fi---staff was great---especially a desk clerk---I believe her name was Stephanie-----seemed to care a great deal about all guests-----

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Discovery Bay California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I stayed at this location for over a month, and even returned two additional nights,, great value, pet friendly, awesome staff, friendly and helpful, great for the extened staff,, no utility bills, cable, housekeeping done, fresh linens, laundry on premise,, I loved it, and so did my two little dogs,, in fact the staff when I was leaving them for the day, would walk the dogs for me,, if the rating of ten was on the scale I would give a ten,, and will definitely stay there again should I ever return to St Louis,, and highly recommend to anyone reading the review,,, and the price is unheard of,, one must look at the price before they become critical,, as it is a tremendous value for a very small price compared to other hotels in the area.... may not be fancy, but fancy doe not necessarily mean great service

Room Tip: If you have pets this is the ideal choice
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Smalltown, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here at the same time in 2010 and reserved the big two bedroom suite room that had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc. That room was wonderful, clean and great. I reserved the same room for this year, 2011, months in advance. When I called the hotel two weeks before our expected arrival date, I was told that the room I had reserved was no longer available as they had allowed someone already staying in the room to re-book for another month, so my room was no longer available. After talking to the manager, she gave us two rooms for the price of the one room I had booked. I thought that would be sufficient, but it really wasn't. The two rooms we got were really gross - one smelled so funky we couldn't even determine the smell, it was just bad. The kitchen didn't have an oven, only a range top, and minimal utensils and plates, not even enough to go around for everyone we had in our party. One of the bathrooms in the rooms had a sticky floor and looked like it hadn't been cleaned and overall the rooms just seemed gross. The beds were not comfortable and my neck still hurts from sleeping there for one night. Next year, we are booking the Sheraton and paying the higher price, but at least knowing our rooms won't be nasty, and we will get the reservation we make instead of it being given away to someone else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here this past weekend and was extremely disappointed. I checked in late Thursday night and was exhausted; I didn't fully inspect the room the way I normally do when I check into a hotel. I just wanted to rest. When I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I noticed the sheets were thin and dingy. These sheets were a 70 thread count at best. There was also hair in the bed. I called to the front desk to request a blanket. I wrapped up in the blanket which was clean and hairless so that I could sleep on top of the covers. The next morning I saw just how filthy the room was. I had to place a towel over the pillow because again the 70 thread count and the pillowcase wasn't that clean.

The bathroom sink was dirty, one of the bath towels had long strands of hair folded up inside. The hallway was foul, the carpet was old and dirty. I was utterly disgusted. I'm used to much nicer hotels and this one did not measure up at all.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel at your own risk.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wow! what a nice lobby! But it ends there. Opened room door and knew I had been fooled immediately. Opened fridge and there was a subway sandwitch shop soda cup in there - still had ice in it. Went to set my bag on the chair and was shocked to notice a stain right there on the chair plain as day of a nature I will not describe here in detail. The carpet and even thge countertop were stained and the bathroom fixtures dirty. In the morning I grabbed a towel after my shower and as I brought it to my face to dry off I was overwhelmed by the smell of vomit. By the way bring your own soap and shampoo. Parking was also a hassle. Cheap though, I think I paid 26$ a night via priceline - just know you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!