“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12161 Lackland Road, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Creve Coeur
Clearwater, Florida
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

perfect location for west county---in Westport-----convenient to highway and shopping, restaurants----wonderful place if you are not looking for a glamorous facility----it is a 2 star and perfectly rated-----interior corridors-----workout facility----kitchen, which I love for meals, snacks, etc.-------free wi-fi---staff was great---especially a desk clerk---I believe her name was Stephanie-----seemed to care a great deal about all guests-----

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Discovery Bay California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I stayed at this location for over a month, and even returned two additional nights,, great value, pet friendly, awesome staff, friendly and helpful, great for the extened staff,, no utility bills, cable, housekeeping done, fresh linens, laundry on premise,, I loved it, and so did my two little dogs,, in fact the staff when I was leaving them for the day, would walk the dogs for me,, if the rating of ten was on the scale I would give a ten,, and will definitely stay there again should I ever return to St Louis,, and highly recommend to anyone reading the review,,, and the price is unheard of,, one must look at the price before they become critical,, as it is a tremendous value for a very small price compared to other hotels in the area.... may not be fancy, but fancy doe not necessarily mean great service

Room Tip: If you have pets this is the ideal choice
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Smalltown, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here at the same time in 2010 and reserved the big two bedroom suite room that had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc. That room was wonderful, clean and great. I reserved the same room for this year, 2011, months in advance. When I called the hotel two weeks before our expected arrival date, I was told that the room I had reserved was no longer available as they had allowed someone already staying in the room to re-book for another month, so my room was no longer available. After talking to the manager, she gave us two rooms for the price of the one room I had booked. I thought that would be sufficient, but it really wasn't. The two rooms we got were really gross - one smelled so funky we couldn't even determine the smell, it was just bad. The kitchen didn't have an oven, only a range top, and minimal utensils and plates, not even enough to go around for everyone we had in our party. One of the bathrooms in the rooms had a sticky floor and looked like it hadn't been cleaned and overall the rooms just seemed gross. The beds were not comfortable and my neck still hurts from sleeping there for one night. Next year, we are booking the Sheraton and paying the higher price, but at least knowing our rooms won't be nasty, and we will get the reservation we make instead of it being given away to someone else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here this past weekend and was extremely disappointed. I checked in late Thursday night and was exhausted; I didn't fully inspect the room the way I normally do when I check into a hotel. I just wanted to rest. When I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I noticed the sheets were thin and dingy. These sheets were a 70 thread count at best. There was also hair in the bed. I called to the front desk to request a blanket. I wrapped up in the blanket which was clean and hairless so that I could sleep on top of the covers. The next morning I saw just how filthy the room was. I had to place a towel over the pillow because again the 70 thread count and the pillowcase wasn't that clean.

The bathroom sink was dirty, one of the bath towels had long strands of hair folded up inside. The hallway was foul, the carpet was old and dirty. I was utterly disgusted. I'm used to much nicer hotels and this one did not measure up at all.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel at your own risk.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wow! what a nice lobby! But it ends there. Opened room door and knew I had been fooled immediately. Opened fridge and there was a subway sandwitch shop soda cup in there - still had ice in it. Went to set my bag on the chair and was shocked to notice a stain right there on the chair plain as day of a nature I will not describe here in detail. The carpet and even thge countertop were stained and the bathroom fixtures dirty. In the morning I grabbed a towel after my shower and as I brought it to my face to dry off I was overwhelmed by the smell of vomit. By the way bring your own soap and shampoo. Parking was also a hassle. Cheap though, I think I paid 26$ a night via priceline - just know you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The good--It was only $70.

The bad--It should have been $29.99.

The ugly--The room was VERY dated, spiderwebs with spiders in every corner, a tremendous amount of mold on the shower curtain, gross carpet and bedspreads from the 1980s. Also the website said the room had basic toiletries, hair dryer, and ironing board. It had none of these. The frig worked, but was turned down to the lowest setting when qwe got there and was barely chilled. They are painting the exterior so all the windows have plastic on them so you could not see out and they started scraping before 8AM so there was not any sleeping in for anyone on that side of the building. They need to forgo the exterior work and update the sorry rooms.

The good again--the front desk clerk was "Shocked" that our room (133) lacked the promised amenities and brought them to us quickly. The only thing in the room more modern than the 80s was the flat screen TV.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We ended up at this hotel as a result of spending a horrible night at one of the more expensive hotels in the area. At first we were a little apprehensive. However everything from the lobby to the cleanliness of our room quickly dispelled the myth that paying more for a hotel means better quality. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially Erin who went above and beyond to assist us. If you are coming to the St. Louis area for a weekend of site seeing, or are in need of a quick overnight stay.... Perhaps you are on a budget, and are less concerned with all the perks of a luxury hotel... Rest assured that this hotel is nothing short of a decent place to lay your head. The reason we did not give this hotel a rating of excellent is because we had difficulty checking in. There was a phone in the lobby with instructions to call a number... unfortunately there was no answer. We had to wait twenty minutes for the clerk to return. Secondly we were leaving the hotel on morning at 5:30 am and spotted a druken guest sleeping on the hotel grounds. No fault of the hotel of course, in fact one of the employees could be seen trying to assist this individual. Asside from these two incidents, the hotel was very modern, clean, and not too far from the airport. We were pleasantly surprised, and plan on making Homestead Suites our first choice for future travel to the St. Louis area.

Room Tip: This hotel does have connecting rooms. For more privacy and less noise, request a room without a con...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!