“Not even worth the $8.00 in taxes” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11837 Lackland Rd, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not even worth the $8.00 in taxes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'll make this short. Upon checking in to the Red Roof Inn, I immediately had my doubts just because of the condition of the office. It was damp and dirty, with buckled carpet everywhere. I had already booked a room on Priceline, so I knew my stay was non-refundable. After getting to my room and opening the door, I could have sworn the circus had just left. It smelled like cattle had just roamed through it. The beds looked like dry swimming pools, as the caved in mattresses looked as if they hadn't been changed in several years. The decor was bright red and blue, not even close to a comfortable feel. The bathtub was filthy and the soap looked like it had been in the supply closet for most of the current decade. The finishing touch was when I went into the bathroom and the toilet paper roll had the cardboard from the last roll of toilet paper on it and the "new" roll was sitting on the back of the toilet. If the maid service couldn't change the toilet paper roll, what else wasn't changed??? I knew that if I chose to stay here, no socks were leaving my feet. I picked up my suitcases and spent the extra money at a hotel across the parking lot. Never again!!!

Room Tip: Forget it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis Westport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. I'm not sure if you actually stayed at this location because your first sentence states that we have buckled carpet in our lobby. However, our lobby does not have carpet; we have tile floors in the lobby. If you did however stay at the Red Roof Inn Westport I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future.

At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,
Aquinas France
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights recently and several times in the past. Location is close to major highway making very it easy to get to most anywhere in St. Louis. Property is at least 30 years old and showing signs of age. Rooms are Ok but nothing special. Good for a short stay in St. Louis when you don't want to spend a lot, will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your comment. I'm sure we will get the opportunity to serve you again. Please come visit us again. Please note that we will be renovating our rooms this year. Come check us out! Thanks again for your comment. Happy you chose us for your lodging needs.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This property has changed management in the past year. I have been staying here for over 10 years on business trips, and things have slipped downward recently. No WiFi available. Front desk said that "a part had not arrived". Doubt it. The router was online. Sborra Tech Support was worthless.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment. I would like to apologize that our internet was down during your stay. However, the information you received was correct in regards to the WIFI being down. The problem has been resolved and our internet is up and running. I hope that you would consider us again for your lodging needs.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on the way across the route 66, reasonably priced, clean and comfortable, service was good and the hotel has free Wifi. Although be warned we waited for 45 minutes for a taxi and nearly missed the start of the ice hockey game we had tickets for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Ivesy1982

Thank you for taking the time out to tell about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Westport. It gives our staff a great joy to know that you had a positive experience with us. We also thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. Thank you again and Happy New Year.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had the upgraded king room, it was great for the money. Very clean, bed was comfortable, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker worked good. Housekeeping kept the room very clean.
We will stay here again next time we come to st louis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Positanovacation,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction and it feels great that you had a positive experience with us. I hope that we will continue to provide that Good Value, clean rooms and comfortable beds for you. Thanks again.
Charleston, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Room was fine except for very small, flat pillows, but something is not right in the front office of this place. When we got there to check in a line was out to the door-- probably seven people or so. One man in front of us had been sent to a room already occupied. He tried to tell the clerk this, but she told him he was wrong. He came back again telling her there were other people's belongings in the room and he needed another room, a first-floor room. She said there were no more first floor rooms. Then not two minutes later she gave him a first floor room. Another man had a problem with both his reservation and also a credit he said he was supposed to have with the hotel. On the reservation problem, he was told there were no available rooms for the next night. As he continued to plead his cause, he was told he could have a room for the next night, BUT was quoted a price $50 higher. Either there are rooms available or there aren't .... Upon check-out the line was completely out the front door by a couple of people, making it around nine or ten backed up in line. Thankfully, we had no issues with our reservation, billing, etc., but apparently we were one of the lucky ones. Because the room was basically good, I'm giving this place a two, but I will NOT be taking another chance with it. My feeling is we would likely not get lucky again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Rod D.

Thank you for telling us about your experience. However, this seems very interesting and I would like to get more information about your arrival date so that I may pinpoint the workers for that day. This obviously is a training issue and I am glad you brought it to my attention. The dates that you stayed with us are important because I would want to know why there was a line out the door. The information you provide will be used for training and clarification. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel 314-991-4900 or email at i0126@redroof.com. This is not typical behavior at our hotel.

Aquinas France
St. Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

You don't go to a Red Roof Inn with a lot of expectations: the basics- a clean room with working parts, friendly thorough housekeepers, competent front desk staff. I stayed two months during a home remodeling ... room: malfunctioning bathroom light reported first week was never changed, malfunctioning room phone was immediately replaced with another malfunctioning room phone, consistent problem with spiders; housekeepers: out of the 6 I experienced, only two were thorough and friendly (Teresa & GG), others left room without fresh towels or refreshing tissue or vacuuming or dusting; front desk staff: the evening and overnight staff does not address concerns on the property whether room needs or safety issues, the problems of the day staff came to light upon checkout with "miscommunications" resulting in additional charges to my credit card a full two days after checkout based on lies. At this point I am weighing the costs of an attorney against the satisfaction of turning groups away from this property since I am in the travel and tourism business and provide hotel referrals to numerous groups travelling to the StL area. Needless to day, this RRI-Westport is on the Do Not Book list.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel ... Courtyard by Marriott, Doubletree, and LaQuinta are in the area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!