“Surprising good!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
“Surprising good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I found this restaurant (which is nearly right behind my house) on a restaurant app. The food is delicious and priced affordably. I only eat gluten-free because of a wheat allergy but found several options at Zen. What a fantastic find! Wish I would have found it sooner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Louis
“Best Thai food in St. Louis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in St. Louis. Yes it’s not in the best location but the food more than makes up for it. The staff are always super friendly and incredibly fast with service. The prices are more than reasonable as well.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food for good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The quality of the food can't be beat for the bargain prices they charge. Both the Thai and sushi dishes are well prepared. The spice level can be adjusted, so no worries. The drunken noodles are goor, but then almost everything is good. Their spring roll is unique and served in something like a crepe instead of rice paper. We only order it occasionally. We consider ourselves regulars, but that is probably only once a month.

St. Louis, MO
“Zen - My favorite Thai restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been dining at Zen since they opened this location in Crestwood. Thai is one of my favorite foods, and it's a happy coincidence that in my opinion - St. Louis's very BEST Thai restaurant is right here, in my neighborhood.
While the menu not only features a great selection of Japanese as well as sushi, my go-to choice is always Thai. Zen features several Thai curries, and their version of Musaman curry is outstanding, and it's difficult to dine here without ordering this dish. Another favorite of mine is their pineapple fried rice.
A review of Zen must also mention the friendly staff and great service we always find.
If you like Thai - you'll LOVE Zen!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Good Japanese/Thai in terrible location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

More accurately, I would give it 3.5 stars, a little better than average but haven't had enough of the menu to give it 4 stars yet. My wife and I have lived in Crestwood for nearly 3 years and we have driven by the restaurant hundreds of times, but never tried it before because it sits in a terrible location in a half empty strip mall next to an Aldi. We thought, no decent restaurant could possible survive in that location. However, we finally thought we would give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised to find that it serves good Thai and Japanese food, including a sushi bar. My wife had the tom yum noodle soup and I got the pork domburi and also ordered the dumpling appetizer. Everything tasted fresh and am looking forward to going back and trying more of the menu.

• Visited August 2012