“Drury hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Drury hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was the overflow hotel for a meeting across the street at the Holiday Inn. I was much happier at the Drury. The front desk staff was very friendly and pleasant to deal with even helping take our luggage to our suite which we left at the desk until our room was ready (and then refusing any tip for helping us). The usual Drury extras were most welcome--full breakfast and hot popcorn in the evening (we missed the Happy Hour). The one bedroom suite was very comfortable. Given a choice, I'd choose Drury Inn every time!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great room, except for the bathroom being a little on the small side and a problem with our tv. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. We were there for the Gator vs Mizzou game and they had a full house. Our TV was pixelating badly. The front desk staff informed the manager who came and spoke to us and said they had nowhere to move us and did not know if they could repair quickly, but immediately offered a free night for one night of our stay and invited us to watch whatever games we wanted on the lobby tv if the problem continued. Breakfast and social hour were nice and had plenty to offer. The manager was great, she seemed to be there all the time, greeting people, clearing tables, etc. The hotel is across the street from a Mall and a Target, with many chain restaurants in the vicinity. An easy drive to the Mizzou campus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this establishment for the Mizzou vs Gators game and as half point for the KC Chiefs vs Texans game.
Getting on and off the lot is a bite challenging due to construction but I had been forewarned by the person taking the reservations over the phone.
The front desk staff was friendly and informative. These people know how to treat guest. The money spent is well worth it. Free drinks for happy hour, free dinner, free hot breakfast!! The food was good and the free drinks during happy hour; Tequila Sunrise and a Screwdriver!! The attendant there was nice as well and well versed in the drinks she served.
The bed was very comfy and they had several pillows on the bed that offered different levels of firmness. If I had to offer one complaint it would be the bathroom. The bath room was configured a little weird. I had to almost step into the shower in order to close the door. That however is not a deal breaker.
It's located right across the street from the mall and other places to shop!!
We will be staying again! I've even signed up for the Drury gold key program.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We use tripadvisor before checking in to hotels. With the caveat being, 'except for Drury.' The Drury has always exceeded our expectations and each Inn is like coming home again. Having chosen Columbia to rest our travel bones and knowing our dogs would be welcome here, we pulled in to the hotel around 5:00 p.m. We were told there was one room available, albeit a suite. After a little negotiating, my husband and I along with our pack members Junior and Jake, were firmly ensconced in a spacious two-room suite. With two queen beds and a separate king bedroom, we all had plenty of room to spread out and relax before the evening fare of complimentary foods from salads, soups and pasta. You receive a three-drink ticket to their full service bar so if you decide a Bloody Mary or Chardonnay is your cup of tea, belly up to the bar and your friendly server is there to grant your every request. We were leaving in the morning early, but not before we had breakfast of scrambled eggs and oatmeal plus juice and coffee. Our next destination was Kansas City, MO and you guessed it, another Drury!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Very clean room and great bed. Front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were next to Hwy 70 but never heard any road noise. Only issue we had is being located by the elevator and ice machine. It was pretty loud.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eldorado, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed here several times now and always forgot to write a review. The fact that I come back here - even when it is a bit more expensive than some hotels is the quality of the room. Furniture is like new - no problems with cooling the room or heating the room. Their "Happy Hour" food is a welcome change from the "we-are-out-to-get-every-buck-out-of-you" atmosphere in most hotels. And the food was tasty. Each adult also received a "drink" card. Again, unexpected! The room was neat and beds were wonderful. Some missed dust in the bathroom and by the window - but nothing I would make a complaint about. I did have a coupon for an inexpensive rate, however I went there later in the day and was told that the advertised rooms were gone. It was well worth it to pay the little more in price and know I was getting a comfortable, clean bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

LOCATION: The Drury sits in the middle of a concrete jungle, with freeway to the north, major arterial to the east and road construction to the south. I thought, "Uh, oh." The inside, however, was somewhat of an oasis. Except when the jackhammer broke up cement across the street during business hours, I rarely heard anything.

ROOM: We had room 512, a spacious one-bedroom suite. Immediately I got hit with a powerful stale cigarette smell. On the nightstand a sign warned of a $250 fine for smoking in the room. I went to the front desk. They apologized but had no comparable rooms available. I wanted them to make note of the smell so I wouldn't be fined. They did this, plus handed me a bottle of Febreze, which sorta worked...for a few minutes.

My king bed was great and my adult son reported that the pull-out couch was unusually comfortable. They change linens only every fourth day (!) unless you ask for more, but the maids did such a nice job re-making the beds that the sheets somehow seemed like new every night.

Our A.C. worked perfectly. The bathroom was on the small side, but had a nice extra mirror with counter outside the bathroom door that helped.

ELEVATOR: The Drury is a pretty good-sized hotel, but it has only one elevator, which is also used by the service ladies with their big cleaning carts. Fortunately the elevator was fast and efficient. Unfortunately it was in constant use and I could hear it on the other side of the wall from our room. Earplugs helped, but I did notice it now and then.

PARKING: Easy, free, and plenty of space. You are also right across the street from the nice Columbia Mall.

FOOD: At first, I thought the happy hour offerings didn't look so great. Lots of heavy, kid-centered foods like mac and cheese, breaded chicken fingers and hot dogs. I was hungry enough to sample it, and to my delight, that chicken and mac and cheese were pretty darn tasty! The happy hour and breakfast room can get pretty busy but the staff keeps the space clean and well-maintained.

STAFF: Friendly and hard-working, all-around.

OVERALL: Sometimes concrete jungles and chicken fingers work out better than you might imagine. If not for the strong cigarette odor in my room, I might have given the Drury five stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Columbia, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we are happy you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with our team members who will enjoy hearing your stay was memorable. Your comments will also help us address the issues with cigarette odors you brought to our attention. This will help us work to improve our service. Again, I am happy your experience was a satisfying one and hope you continue to give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Been to Drury Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!