“This is a great Hampton!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nixa, Missouri
“This is a great Hampton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn during Mizzou parent's weekend in September 2012. The front desk staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome when we arrived. I had to return to the desk a couple of times during our stay, and Lisa was extremely helpful to me. (I looked at her name tag). She had a beautiful smile and never made me feel as though I was bothering her. The rooms are spotless, which is very important to me. The breakfast is fabulous, with plenty of seating for guests. There was a young man taking care of the breakfast area who overheard our conversation about parking near Mizzou, and gave us some very helpful advice! We had previously stayed at the Hampton Suites down near the stadium, and it was also fabulous, although I must say the service was better at this Hampton. We will definitely stay here again! My only gripe is the inflated prices they have during game weekends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was especially clean and well stocked. Great water pressure. Beds were comfortable...Good selection on Television. Breakfast was good and the breakfast hostess was very friendly and helpful to everyone. Front desk staff was terrific and efficient. Wi-fi worked flawlessly. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room with sofabed/couch. Also microwave/refridgerator....these make the room extra comfortabl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Westlake Village, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

i wouldn't waste my money on this hotel. it was no better than a super 8. stay at a cheaper place and use the savings to buy something for yourself! really, the front desk people ended up being extremely rude. i had stayed at the hotel for two nights and needed to stay for three. on the morning of the third night they told me they didn't have any room for me. i learned that they had had four rooms available but gave them to others -- and this is after i already stayed and paid for two nights. i will never stay at this hampton inn again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Patrick P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Victoria C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that we did not have the availability to extend your stay an additional night to your initial reservation for two nights. With a home football game at the Universtiy of Missouri, we had been sold out for almost a year. We did have a few last minute cancellations however we had more guests in house that wished to stay then we had rooms come available.

Please feel free to contact me directly so we can make things right. Thank you once again for your comments.

Patrick Presnal
presnal@raymondteam.com
573-886-9392
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Always nice, always clean, breakfast is good and fresh. I always enjoy Hampton Inn mattresses and bedding - sounds strange, but they have great sheets, quality mattresses and heavenly down comforters. Never had a bad experience in one!

Room Tip: We try to stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Really nice guy checked me in at night and asked if I had a room preference. I looked confused, no one had asked me that before and he said, "I will put you away from the highway, it is quieter." I thought that was so sweet! The hotel was clean, inexpensive and right off the highway. Great place to stop on the way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Iberia, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very good business mans hotel, Staff is thorough but not happy. Sounds weird but I like a little bit of cheerful after working on the road. Breakfast is good and the coffee is wonderful. I had a King bed in my room and I woke up hurting both night I stayed there. I think this mattress was worn out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor and you won't have to fight the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This experience happened 10 years ago, but it has made me a loyal Hampton Inn patron. I stayed at this Hampton Inn on Thanksgiving night and was only 100 miles away from my destination so I planned to stay in the room until checkout time and watch television. A nasty storm moved in and the cable went out and stayed out so I decided to check out. When the desk clerk asked how my stay was I decided to level with him and told him of my disappointment with not being able to stick around a couple of hours and watch television. He apologized and asked if I would like a full refund. Knowing that the weather was totally out of the hotel's control I couldn't believe such a generous offer (although I had seen ads that said a pleasant stay was guaranteed). I said "yes" and he proceeded to ring the bill up at no charge. I was so impressed that I wrote the manager a note describing the incident and, get this, the manager wrote back thanking me for my stay and my communication with him. He said he had shared my note with the front desk staff and explained that what I encountered is one of the reasons Hampton Inn had their pleasant stay guarantee. The whole thing sold me on Hampton Inns and I stay there whenever that is a viable option. I've always found the rooms to be clean, quiet, comfortable, and stocked with an abundant supply of hot water. That's all I'm looking for in a hotel room and they provide it. Why look elsewhere? The free breakfast is just frosting on the cake.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!