I am not a person who normally writes reviews. However I felt compelled to recount our family stay at this hotel. It was not pleasant. We had difficulty with our reservations. Something that we have not experienced at other hotels for tournaments. Our reservation was originally for 2 nights but upon finding the soccer games were changed we did not need Friday night, only Saturday. I called 10 days before arrival and a clerk at the hotel made the change in reservation. I made a second call to the hotel the day before arrival to verify that our reservation was in order for the 1 night. This time I spoke with the manager who said there was no change in the reservation and that it was for 2 nights. When I explained the situation as to who I spoke about the reservation change, the manager said he would speak with the employee and that he would not adjust the bill because the cancellation was not within their 72 hour policy. I called Corporate afterwards and to no avail could they assist in rectifying the situation. I was told it was up to the individual hotel. When we arrived on Saturday, I again worked with the manager in correcting the reservation and bill to reflect 1 night's stay. When I reexplained the situation and when/who I spoke to, I was told that employee was not authorized to make changes in the reservations. So if this was the case, why was I not notified? I was also told it was written into the contract that the stay was for 2 days. At this point, our team manager pulled out the contract, and showed there was no 2 day minimum stated. And to continue, there were 3 other families that were allowed to cancel their 2 days for 1!! Unscrupulous business practices and never will I stay at a Baymont or Wyndham again, nor recommend to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- just off Interstate 70 and Highway 63 just minutes from downtown Columbia, Bass Pro, Wal-Mart, Staples, Longhorn Steak House, Friday s and Sam s Club. Hotel features complimentary state of the art wireless high speed Internet. We are located directly across the street from Columbia Regional Hospital and Medical Center. Our staff is friendly and ready to make your stay enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Columbia
- Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia