“Attended Convention” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Lincoln, Missouri, United States
“Attended Convention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Recently spent two nights at this motel to attend a state convention. I had my doubt's there would be enough room to pull off an event with over 800 attendees. But they did it. The food was delicious. The facilities were nice and well kept. The price of the room however was a little pricey for what it was - $102 a night. When I made my reservations I requested two queen-size beds, I was given ones that seemed more like 3/4 beds. I was glad we only ended up with two in a room instead of three or four.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you again for not only your feedback but also choosing to stay with us. We're glad your convention ran smoothly and you enjoyed the food and facilities on our property. We do apologize for the bed confusion but we hope to make it up to you in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Columbia soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my second time staying here for a large work conference. Last year, I did not have hot water for my shower either morning and the food was bad. This year was even worse.

I had very little hot water the first morning and absolutely none the second morning. I told the front desk about the hot water after the first morning and thought it would be better the second morning but it was not. I called the front desk the second morning and all I got was "there's really nothing I can do, I am the only one here and no one from maintenance is here." Yeah, great response. When I checked out, I told the girl who was working then and she was very sweet and apologized. I don't care if 200 people are showering at the same time, if you call yourself an executive center, you better have enough hot water for 200 people!

You can hear the entire conversation of people in the next room and the hallways are loud all the time.

The food served during the conference was bad and I heard of a few of my colleagues who got sick. The vegetarian meals actually looked better than the rest so if we have to have a conference here again, I will get that.

I will never stay here by my own choice (only when I have to for a work conference). There are too many other good hotels in Columbia for the same price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Azdmelissa, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience with the hot water and food selection. We do appreciate all the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. We will make note of your comments and use them to make the hotel better. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in October. Very noisy. We could hear people walking by, talking, through the door, the walls...It was a football weekend, and we did not come for the game. The price was quite high for this chain, probably because of the high demand weekend. The hotel is in a fine location if visiting Mizzou. The sheets were very old, definitely need replacing! and so were the towels. Would have complained if we weren't sooo tired. Guest services was very prompt and polite in fulfilling our request for extra towels and the service was very good. The rooms are really 2 star rooms, though.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep quietly, perhaps there's a request you can make. Our room on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Listu, Thank you for spending the time commenting on your hotel experience. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative to help improve our service and facilities. We're very pleased to hear that you found the staff professional and friendly however it is regrettable that the rooms were not to your satisfaction. We will use your comments to continue to upgrade and improve the facilities at the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.
Warrensburg, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've stayed here twice now for business in the past month. The first time (early October) I was not that impressed. It was taking awhile to get people checked in (this was after the 4pm check-in time had started) because rooms had still not been cleaned. I was able to get in within a few minutes, but people were being turned away who had been guaranteed their room would be ready at 4pm. The most frustrating part was that there were 5 to 6 of us waiting, it was taking a few minutes per person to get checked in, but they waited a good 5 minutes before finally getting another employee to come out and operate the third computer.

My other complaint was that the floor I was on (first) was noisy; there's a decent gap under the door that let in a lot of noise, whether it was a housekeeper rolling her cart or guests talking.

The second stay I had was MUCH better. It was during the week and it seemed a lot less busy, so I would recommend this hotel if you're going during the middle of the week. This time I got the top floor, and the noise level was also much better.

Mixed feelings, I would stay again if it was during the week, but for my next stay I am trying a different hotel just to see how it compares.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, and ask for one on the south side of the hotel away from I-70.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rebecca C, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our efforts to improve the service level and facilities. I am pleased to know that you recently had a pleasant stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered in the past. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and two good friends spent three nights here on a trip to watch a MIZZOU football game. The hotel was clean, very well appointed, the furniture and beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the rooms spacious. There was an excellent complimentary breakfast buffet featuring a variety of hot and cold items, pretty much anything you might want. Anticipating a larger crowd due to the football weekend, the hotel opened a full an additional breakfast buffet in one of their banquet rooms to accomodate everyone and make sure all the fans were fed and off to the game in plenty of time. Most impressive were the people. Every member of the staff we encountered was cheerful, helpful, eager to please - no one waited for us to ask for anything, they asked what they could do for us. In addition to the sports bar/restaurant on premises, there was also a fine dining restaurant that we did not visit, but the menu looked very inviting. Because it was a football weekend, the rates for two of the nights were a bit pricey, but that is to be expected at any facility. When we return to Columbia (and we will, those Missourians are great folks!) we will most certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Select.

Room Tip: The hotel is just off Interstate 70 by a mall and among various chain outlets, but we had adjoining...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear garyjane89, Thank you for taking the time to respond to your experience at the hotel. We're happy to hear you found the staff and facilities top notch. We always strive for great service and love to hear feedback that we're hitting our goal. We value your comments and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!
Nevada, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed from Sat. to Thurs. here and was pleased with the room. Our room was clean. They kept the towels stocked each day and we were pleased that feature. The staff seemed nice and we had no problem with any of them. The price was a little pricey especially when you were not offered any kind of specials such as comps or anything. The conference area was nice along with the banquets but on the days when we had no banquets it would have been nice for the price to have been offered some type of breakfast or something for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Alberta H, Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience and enjoyed our conference space and service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

For the price, Marriott or other chain will probably give better value for the dollar. Floor was uneven and it was "OK," but for the price I paid I expect top of the line. Location not too great and the employees were always clustered around visiting when I saw them. It was under some major reconstruction and hard to find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear abc_casias, Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at the hotel. We are in the middle of reconstruction so hopefully the next time you're in Columbia the hotel will be completely made over. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative, to help improve our facilities and service. We will make note of your comments and work to improve. Thank you again for commenting.

Been to Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center? Share your experiences!