This was my second time staying here for a large work conference. Last year, I did not have hot water for my shower either morning and the food was bad. This year was even worse.
I had very little hot water the first morning and absolutely none the second morning. I told the front desk about the hot water after the first morning and thought it would be better the second morning but it was not. I called the front desk the second morning and all I got was "there's really nothing I can do, I am the only one here and no one from maintenance is here." Yeah, great response. When I checked out, I told the girl who was working then and she was very sweet and apologized. I don't care if 200 people are showering at the same time, if you call yourself an executive center, you better have enough hot water for 200 people!
You can hear the entire conversation of people in the next room and the hallways are loud all the time.
The food served during the conference was bad and I heard of a few of my colleagues who got sick. The vegetarian meals actually looked better than the rest so if we have to have a conference here again, I will get that.
I will never stay here by my own choice (only when I have to for a work conference). There are too many other good hotels in Columbia for the same price.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel Columbia
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Select Executive Center - Columbia, MO. This majestic Columbia, MO hotel is the only true full service hotel in Columbia, MO & is just minutes away from the University of MO campus & the Downtown District. This luxurious hotel is adjacent to the Columbia Mall and Cosmopolitan Park. The Holiday Inn Select is located at exit 124 right off I-70 and is just a quick drive to the Columbia Regional Airport.Along with offering complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, you can also enjoy a refreshing swim in the indoor or outdoor pool, or relax in the outdoor hot tub. Maintain your exercise regiment in our 3,000 sq. ft. fitness center. For your dining pleasure, we offer 3 restaurants - Picadilly's serves breakfast daily, Churchill's is a 4 star restaurant with meritorious service. The SportsZone is ready for the big game with 42 plasma TVs & one colossal 240 Hi-Def screen. At the Holiday Inn Select, there's no need to go anywhere else. Your conference or event is sure to be a success at the Executive Center. With over 35,000 square feet of meeting space the hotel can accommodate the full spectrum of groups up to 2,700 people. The Columbia, MO Expo Center adjoins the hotel and is ideal for trade shows & large events. Our experienced team of meeting specialists will work with you to ensure a flawless event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.