“So-so, experience varies depending on day and location of room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Warrensburg, Missouri
“So-so, experience varies depending on day and location of room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've stayed here twice now for business in the past month. The first time (early October) I was not that impressed. It was taking awhile to get people checked in (this was after the 4pm check-in time had started) because rooms had still not been cleaned. I was able to get in within a few minutes, but people were being turned away who had been guaranteed their room would be ready at 4pm. The most frustrating part was that there were 5 to 6 of us waiting, it was taking a few minutes per person to get checked in, but they waited a good 5 minutes before finally getting another employee to come out and operate the third computer.

My other complaint was that the floor I was on (first) was noisy; there's a decent gap under the door that let in a lot of noise, whether it was a housekeeper rolling her cart or guests talking.

The second stay I had was MUCH better. It was during the week and it seemed a lot less busy, so I would recommend this hotel if you're going during the middle of the week. This time I got the top floor, and the noise level was also much better.

Mixed feelings, I would stay again if it was during the week, but for my next stay I am trying a different hotel just to see how it compares.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, and ask for one on the south side of the hotel away from I-70.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rebecca C, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our efforts to improve the service level and facilities. I am pleased to know that you recently had a pleasant stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered in the past. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and two good friends spent three nights here on a trip to watch a MIZZOU football game. The hotel was clean, very well appointed, the furniture and beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the rooms spacious. There was an excellent complimentary breakfast buffet featuring a variety of hot and cold items, pretty much anything you might want. Anticipating a larger crowd due to the football weekend, the hotel opened a full an additional breakfast buffet in one of their banquet rooms to accomodate everyone and make sure all the fans were fed and off to the game in plenty of time. Most impressive were the people. Every member of the staff we encountered was cheerful, helpful, eager to please - no one waited for us to ask for anything, they asked what they could do for us. In addition to the sports bar/restaurant on premises, there was also a fine dining restaurant that we did not visit, but the menu looked very inviting. Because it was a football weekend, the rates for two of the nights were a bit pricey, but that is to be expected at any facility. When we return to Columbia (and we will, those Missourians are great folks!) we will most certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Select.

Room Tip: The hotel is just off Interstate 70 by a mall and among various chain outlets, but we had adjoining...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear garyjane89, Thank you for taking the time to respond to your experience at the hotel. We're happy to hear you found the staff and facilities top notch. We always strive for great service and love to hear feedback that we're hitting our goal. We value your comments and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!
Nevada, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed from Sat. to Thurs. here and was pleased with the room. Our room was clean. They kept the towels stocked each day and we were pleased that feature. The staff seemed nice and we had no problem with any of them. The price was a little pricey especially when you were not offered any kind of specials such as comps or anything. The conference area was nice along with the banquets but on the days when we had no banquets it would have been nice for the price to have been offered some type of breakfast or something for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Alberta H, Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience and enjoyed our conference space and service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

For the price, Marriott or other chain will probably give better value for the dollar. Floor was uneven and it was "OK," but for the price I paid I expect top of the line. Location not too great and the employees were always clustered around visiting when I saw them. It was under some major reconstruction and hard to find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear abc_casias, Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at the hotel. We are in the middle of reconstruction so hopefully the next time you're in Columbia the hotel will be completely made over. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative, to help improve our facilities and service. We will make note of your comments and work to improve. Thank you again for commenting.
illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night in October. We paid almost $150 for one night. For that price I expect it to be spotless. I don't usually pay that much for a hotel (except for downtown Chicago), but we were staying with my son's team.

This hotel was anything but spotless. Our first room was on the bottom floor and smelled damp. The window looked out onto the construction area and air conditioning units. The bathroom was remodeled, but the rest of the room was stained and dingy. I went to the desk and asked for a room on a higher floor. We were given one on the third floor and the room itself smelled better and had a better view. However, the bathroom was outdated and not completely clean. We decided to stick with that room, because moving our stuff once was enough.

The people working were very friendly. NO complaints there. However, the carpets all over the hotel were stained, remodeling was being done, and the rooms were dim and outdated.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Mom2blondes, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We're happy to hear our staff was professional and friendly however it is unfortunate your experience with our hotel facilities prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We are in the middle of renovating and are confident the necessary adjustments will be made in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments.
Desloge, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to Columbia for my daughters volleyball game against Mighty Mizzou. We had a hard time getting a room, but decided to bid online thru Priceline.com. The price I offered was accepted by the Holiday Inn Executive Center. It was near my daughters team's motel (La Quinta). I had been to this motel several times for industry meetings, etc, so I was familiar with the decor, etc. But, had never been in one of the rooms.

You could tell the rooms were older, but had been updated. The room we were in was perfectly fine and we were happy with the price vs room. The bathroom had a nicer glass shower, but not tub (not an issue with us).

About the only issue we had (and it was very minor) was that the iron didn't work. But, I notified Josephine? at the front desk and we had one in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: We had room 332 which looked overlooked the large lobby/conference area. This is a good room.if you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Semoguy, Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you had a good experience with our staff. We're always looking to improve our hotel so we appreciate all your thoughts and comments. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Maryville, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel boasted both an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, and in some places, a whirlpool, other sites don't mention it. I called to confirm while on the way and the operator could not find my reservation. She insisted that I must have made my reservation at another Holiday Inn. Finally she realized that she was spelling my name wrong.

When we arrived, we found that while it looks like a very nice hotel, the indoor pool was shut down, the outdoor pool was not only full of leaves, but there was algae growing on the bottom of the pool. There were a couple of things covered with tarps as though they were not working, but I don't know what they were. The water was freezing cold, (in early September) and even my son wouldn't get in. We never did find a working whirlpool. By the way, with few working amenities, there was no breakfast provided either. While the amenities that were promised were non-existent, the price was not adjusted at all. This hotel is very overpriced, and it would have been nice to know that renovations were going on. We would have stayed elsewhere if we had known that there was nothing to do. Outside of the exercise room, this Holiday Inn is a dud! I'm finished with Holiday Inn. I have payed much less for much better amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Heather H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We truly apologize the indoor pool was closed during your visit. We had an unexpected situation that required our immediate attention and that has been resolved. The outdoor pool can be a little tricky this time of year as the leaves begin to fall, but we were working to keep it open a bit longer with the indoor pool being out for a few days.
I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you via telephone. I may be reached at 573-445-8531, ext. 785.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to hear from you.

Been to Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center? Share your experiences!