This hotel boasted both an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, and in some places, a whirlpool, other sites don't mention it. I called to confirm while on the way and the operator could not find my reservation. She insisted that I must have made my reservation at another Holiday Inn. Finally she realized that she was spelling my name wrong.
When we arrived, we found that while it looks like a very nice hotel, the indoor pool was shut down, the outdoor pool was not only full of leaves, but there was algae growing on the bottom of the pool. There were a couple of things covered with tarps as though they were not working, but I don't know what they were. The water was freezing cold, (in early September) and even my son wouldn't get in. We never did find a working whirlpool. By the way, with few working amenities, there was no breakfast provided either. While the amenities that were promised were non-existent, the price was not adjusted at all. This hotel is very overpriced, and it would have been nice to know that renovations were going on. We would have stayed elsewhere if we had known that there was nothing to do. Outside of the exercise room, this Holiday Inn is a dud! I'm finished with Holiday Inn. I have payed much less for much better amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel Columbia
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Select Executive Center - Columbia, MO. This majestic Columbia, MO hotel is the only true full service hotel in Columbia, MO & is just minutes away from the University of MO campus & the Downtown District. This luxurious hotel is adjacent to the Columbia Mall and Cosmopolitan Park. The Holiday Inn Select is located at exit 124 right off I-70 and is just a quick drive to the Columbia Regional Airport.Along with offering complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, you can also enjoy a refreshing swim in the indoor or outdoor pool, or relax in the outdoor hot tub. Maintain your exercise regiment in our 3,000 sq. ft. fitness center. For your dining pleasure, we offer 3 restaurants - Picadilly's serves breakfast daily, Churchill's is a 4 star restaurant with meritorious service. The SportsZone is ready for the big game with 42 plasma TVs & one colossal 240 Hi-Def screen. At the Holiday Inn Select, there's no need to go anywhere else. Your conference or event is sure to be a success at the Executive Center. With over 35,000 square feet of meeting space the hotel can accommodate the full spectrum of groups up to 2,700 people. The Columbia, MO Expo Center adjoins the hotel and is ideal for trade shows & large events. Our experienced team of meeting specialists will work with you to ensure a flawless event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.