“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in............” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Kansas City, Kansas
“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in Columbia, Missouri on July 5, 2013. A welcoming staff and gorgeous lobby were the first things to greet my family, We thought we were so lucky to find this hotel. The rooms have paper thin walls and the light from the hallway was entering our room under the door. Very disappointed. Through all of the regular sounds (people walking, talking in the hallway, shutting doors etc.) we were finally able to sleep around 11:00 p.m.. At midnight, new guest arrived in the room next to us and across the hallway. They were not overly loud, but we could still hear everything. We packed our things and left at 12:40 a.m. to find a better hotel. The staff was nice and very understanding of the situation and offered a full refund. I have no complaints with the staff, but the building is poorly constructed. Do not let the pretty lobby, water fountains, etc. fool you.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Julie R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to know your concerns were addressed by our staff and that you were satisfied with the service they have delivered. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodation. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fordland, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Although I prefer the smaller mom & pop type hotels, I stayed at this property in conjunction with a recent conference. I've actually stayed here once each year for the past 8 or 10 years; usually an annual event with the same conference. There's no question that this is a clean, well appointed hotel. Staff are friendly and endeavor to please. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, nice workout room - well equipped. This would be a good place to stay for families with kids and/or a romantic get away for couples. It is close to shopping (relatively large mall right across the street) and plenty of eating, drinking, shopping establishments close by. Safe and enjoyable travel wishes and prayers for all, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - nazareanmissions.org.

Room Tip: Stayed in many rooms here over the years. Never had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed over for a night. Best decision eva. Gorgeous on the inside. It has an i door and outdoor nice pool. A salon just incase you need a haircut. D front desk staff is very professional and friendly. Rooms are spacious. Bathroom is clean and the shower feels amazing. Plenty towels for a two bedroom suite. Enough electrical outlets, a refrigerator and a nice pool view window. It's right next to the i-70 and had no trouble sleeping. Beds are very soft and comfy..pillows and sheets are neat and soft. Don't know about the breakfast menu cuz we left early in the morning. Pet friendly. Whatelse could you ask for. Very happy with it. If i ever decide to stay somewhere in columbia that will be in holiday inn !!!

• Stayed June 2013
Heather H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We know you have many choices when visiting Columbia and we truly appreciate you staying with us. Thank you so much for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was worried reading the reviews here, but the remarks are not accurate. This place has been recently renovated, gives solid value, and great staff service. Since I'm in a different hotel every night of the week, I have comparables. It is an older hotel, but I found it to be just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Heather H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We hope you will visit us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I was really disappointed in my room. The air was stale and the linens smelled stale and musty. The shower was not as clean as it needed to be. I politely reported my concerns to an assistant manager. The general manager was supposed to call me back but I never received a return call.

• Stayed June 2013
I truly apologize the stay did not meet your expectations. The staff did share your concerns and I did try to call and followup. Unfortunately, the phone number on file would not go through.
I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you. I may be reached at 573-445-8531.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I live in Columbia but used this hotel for my wedding guests to stay. Everyone loved it. Their rooms were clean, comfortable and everyone was very nice. The entire staff is friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Columbia. Great access to the highway and near local attractions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We enjoy working with all the groups and conventions at the hotel and appreciate the review.
Hope to see you again soon!
Marthasville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a Seminar here on the weekend of June 08/13. There was around 500 that attended. The rooms, Meals, and Staff were Perfect. We had dinner on Friday night, Saturday was Breakfast, Meetings, Lunch, Meetings, and Dinner. Sunday was Breakfast, Meeting, and Check out. There was very few that complained about Minor things. You will never get 500 people together and Completely Satisfy all of them. I thought the meals were very good, You needed to season the items just a little because not everyone likes the same amount of salt or pepper. The rooms were spacious and clean. I would not hesitate to set up another gathering here.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the pool can be a bit noisy till the pool closes at 10:00 pm
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center? Share your experiences!