I have a long history with the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia, first having stayed here over 20 years ago. At that time, I thought of this as the premier hotel in Columbia, a place with great rooms and a fantastic location across from the Columbia Mall. However, I hadn't been to the hotel in probably 15 years until a recent stay brought me back.
Upon my return, I found seemingly the same hotel I last visited in the mid-1990s. While it was great then, like all of us who've aged since 1996 a little TLC is needed. Nothing serious, but a few updates here and there - especially in the common areas of the hotel - would help immensely.
Though the hotel is showing its age, I don't want to make it sound like this is a bad place to stay. It's not. My room was comfortable and quiet and I was able to get a good night's sleep. The gym was fantastic - one of the best I've seen at a hotel! And the location - right off of I-70 with easy access to Columbia's shopping and the Mizzou campus - remains an asset.
That said, I've been in much nicer, newer hotels in Columbia recently and much nicer Holiday Inns too. For my money, this is no longer the premier hotel in the area. It's still a nice place to stay, but definitely needs some renovations to return the facility to its status as Columbia's go-to hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Hotel Columbia
- Holiday Inn Select Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Select Executive Center - Columbia, MO. This majestic Columbia, MO hotel is the only true full service hotel in Columbia, MO & is just minutes away from the University of MO campus & the Downtown District. This luxurious hotel is adjacent to the Columbia Mall and Cosmopolitan Park. The Holiday Inn Select is located at exit 124 right off I-70 and is just a quick drive to the Columbia Regional Airport.Along with offering complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, you can also enjoy a refreshing swim in the indoor or outdoor pool, or relax in the outdoor hot tub. Maintain your exercise regiment in our 3,000 sq. ft. fitness center. For your dining pleasure, we offer 3 restaurants - Picadilly's serves breakfast daily, Churchill's is a 4 star restaurant with meritorious service. The SportsZone is ready for the big game with 42 plasma TVs & one colossal 240 Hi-Def screen. At the Holiday Inn Select, there's no need to go anywhere else. Your conference or event is sure to be a success at the Executive Center. With over 35,000 square feet of meeting space the hotel can accommodate the full spectrum of groups up to 2,700 people. The Columbia, MO Expo Center adjoins the hotel and is ideal for trade shows & large events. Our experienced team of meeting specialists will work with you to ensure a flawless event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Select Columbia - Executive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.