“Acceptable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Columbia

Save Saved
You added Budget Host Columbia to your Saves list
Budget Host Columbia
900 Vandiver Drive, I-70 & Rangeline, Columbia, MO 65202 (Formerly Travelodge Columbia)   |
Ranked #35 of 36 hotels in Columbia
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

It was hard to find a room the four days i needed due to many athletic events in town that week. I had a double double room which didn't offer any ammenities. The room was cleaned daily and the internet worked most of the time. I would have liked to pay $39/night, what it was worth, instead of $70+.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
TravelodgeColumbia, Front Office Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Firstly, thank you for staying with us, we are glad you had an adequate stay. Secondly, we are sorry that you feel the price you payed was out of the range for your stay, but prices are subject to change due to demand and availability. Although if your next visit to Columbia is during less events, we can offer you a discounted rate if you mention this review.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Brought a soccer team up for a weekend tournament and was taken care of quite nicely by the staff. I reserved multiple rooms and had no problems w/ making changes or special requests. Rooms were clean and very cool, which was a major plus during a heat wave!! I will stay again when I have to travel to Columbia.

Room Tip: Book early for special events in Columbia, this place will ill up fast.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you kindly for your positive feedback as so often people only take the time to point out the negative. We appreciate your taking that extra step to let us know that we are serving your needs in the manner you deserve.

Try as we might, one hotel cannot be everything to every guest, but we know that even the little things can make a difference in making your stay with us a more pleasant one. We feel we are truly blessed when we succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to be your host for any future travels to Columbia.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here with a large group of families. We were in Columbia for the show me games. Once we drove up to the hotel, we were already wondering what in the world. The service was not good. Very slow and disorganized. After everyone checked into their rooms, we all agreed it was awful. We cranked our AC up b/c we had children playing soccer out in 100+ temps - when we returned the rooms were still hot. And they all had a smell of mildew - one room even had mold on the windows and curtains. We contacted the front desk and they brought fans to our rooms. It did help. But by that time 3 families had left to different hotels. I will never return here. It was awful. I would have rather slept outside than here. The rooms are so dirty and stinky - as well as the bathrooms. Even the bathroom in the lobby was awful, the toliet actually moved when you sat on it. And the breakfast was a joke. Luckily, waffle house was close by to save the day. Never again. NEVER again. Even my 9yo said it was gross - and the pool too - hair in it, bugs- alive and dead. It was a awful hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We apologize for the poor service you feel you experienced during your stay. We are in the process of updating our Air Conditioning/Heating units in our rooms. All odor issues that were mentioned to the front desk have been rectified. We use an ozone purifying machine in our rooms to neutralize the odor and remove any odors from previous guests. Further, we appreciate your input and will now be monitoring the bathrooms and pool more closely. Our breakfast is only a continental breakfast, but as a courtesy to our guests, we do include one hot item-biscuits and gravy- which is in addition to the standard Bear Bites Breakfast items required by Wyndham hotels.
Waynesville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with a large group of people and I can guarantee there will be many other reviews from them as well. The hotel is disgusting, our room smelled like mildew and musty. I woke up every morning with a headache from the smell. We slept on top of the blankets because the room was so dirty. All other hotels in the area where booked so after staying at the Travel lodge for 3 nights they never changed the sheets or even offered. The cleaning man said he could only change sheets if his boss told him to. For such a big hotel they had very little supplies to offer and are in need of a complete renovation!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have now implemented using an Ozone purifying machine which is made to eliminate odors of all kinds. We use the machine in each room that is cleaned daily. We would like our guests first impressions to be pleasant and positive.

Just like any typical hotel, our housekeeping staff completely changes the sheets after each guest checks out. Although, in an attempt to minimize our global impact, the Travelodge brand has implemented a system to change bed linens for extended stay guests every three days. Had your group stayed one more night, or requested a change of linens during their stay, all of their linens would have been changed.

There is a card on every night stand in our guest rooms which explains this process and also can be used to let the housekeeping staff know that you would like your sheets changed early. Our housekeepers are not disallowed to change bed sheets. It may be possible that one of our housekeeping employees was misunderstood when trying to explain this process as some are not native English speakers. Thank you for your input. I apologize for the misunderstanding and again for any inconveniences you experienced
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

When I opened the door I had second thoughts smelling the pesticide smell, but then the woman that checked me in said he might have taken care of the room recently. So I turned on the air to help vent. After a double shift all I wanted was to sleep so I laid down fully dressed. Three hours later I woke up crawled out of bed on the other side and sank. It was like I was going through the floor. That's when I realized part of the floor was missing but the rug was there to cover it up. The room itself was quite dirty, had cracks in the walls and ceiling. The bathtub was so gross I wasn't sure if I wanted to even take a shower.
Leaving the bathroom I turned on the light and saw myself in the mirror. All my skin not covered by my clothing was red and I had blisters around my nose and lips. I now have chemical burns from the pesticide used in the room. Or a better term would be soaked the room. Dr. said it will probably take a few days for my red burning skin to go away similar to a sun burn.
The next morning I returned and picked up my bags. That's when I noticed the entire floor was nothing but wavy warped boards under carpet.
This was supposed to be a 2 star hotel, I trusted Travelocity to know the difference even at a discounted rate =(.
Well you get what you pay for but the price for my discomfort is far more than it was worth.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
TravelodgeColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
We apologize for this guest's discomfort. We use a pest control service and they spray the rooms regularly with chemicals that are harmless to people.. We have never had an incident such as this. This guest must be sensitive to some of the chemicals in the spray and all of us including the individual himself were probably unaware of the situation.The guest did not inform us of any of his concerns while on our property. Once again we apologize fore the inconvenience.
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

the staff was very professional room where very clean the showers where great great internet reception parking was good for handycap the handycap room was big enough for my wheelchair staff brought upiron board and ironn for us to use we had a great time

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
TravelodgeColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so we can ensure their satisfaction.
French Village, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The TV had the worst color and reception, the coffee maker leaked (they did not have a replacement), the air conditioner/heater was so loud you couldn't use it.
The breakfast area was so small you had to push your way through others to get to what little they offered.
We noticed the cleaning staff never changed the sheets when they came to reclean the rooms while you were staying there.
And unfortunately, when we stayed there was not an available hotel anywhere, told the desk clerk all this, and all he could say was that he would make note of it, because a manager would have to make amends...doubtful that will happen because they completely charge your credit card for the entire stay when you check in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the inconvenience expierienced by the guest. However, we do not change sheets on the beds of guests that stay for 2-3 nights unless they make a specific request. This is in accordance with Wyndham's policy on some "green" initiatives. We have bed cards on the side tables near the beds and if a guest would like their sheets changed they place the card on the bed. In the event that guest stays three or more nights, we do change their bed linens.

Been to Budget Host Columbia? Share your experiences!