“Clean and Friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clean and Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel was clean and inviting. Rooms were surprising quiet and the A/C worked. Mini-fridge and a microwave came with the standard room, and the bed was surprisingly comfy. Sheets and room were clean; however, the shower tub had mold spots on it. Breakfast is the typical bland affair, and the breakfast start time seems to vary. They advertise pool and hot tub, but I didn't check it out (or know where it was at). For the price, and the cleanliness alone, I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMColumbiaMO, Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
It is wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff was friendly. The room was clean but the hallways were unkempt most of our two day stay. The hotel itself could use some updating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything about this stay, from the original booking to checkout, was bad. I booked a non-smoking room online and received a confirmation email for a smoking room. After a call to the hotel and a referral to corporate headquarters (and a nearly one-hour hold time), I was told my reservation was switched to a non-smoking room, but no new confirmation could be emailed to me. Due to the timing of the reservation (Show Me State Games) my credit card was immediately charged and this reservation was non-refundable. This hotel was the dirtiest place I have ever paid to stay at: there was mold in the bathtub, my "non-smoking room" had cigarette burn marks on the bathroom fixtures, the carpet was nasty, the air vents had dirt hanging from them, the ledge where the coffee pot sat appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned in several visits, the towel rack was coming off the wall, the furniture was scuffed and damaged and the microwave didn't work. Outside the room, the hallway carpets were shabby and hazardous with long strips of fibers hanging from the steps, the water in the hot tub was brown, everything was sorely in need of a paint job, the security lock on the outside door only worked part of the time and pizza boxes from the other patrons' rooms were allowed to sit in the hallway for most of the day. I had a two-night reservation, so when I left my room on the first morning, I placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the lock. When I returned to the room, the sign had been moved to hang from the door lever and the towels I had used were removed, but not replaced. Nothing else had been done however: the garbage was still in the waste cans, the coffee filter still in the coffee pot, the empty kleenex box had not been replaced and the room was not vacuumed. I can't review the breakfast area because I couldn't bring myself to go down there after my brother-in-law reported on its condition. When I went to check out the second morning, there was a stray cat laying on the counter in the lobby and the clerk asked if it were mine. Overall, I cannot find a single redeeming feature about this hotel, since the new “Days Inn” sign and revamped lobby only hid the fact that this was an Econolodge well past its prime.

Two of my sisters stayed at this hotel and experienced many of the same things. One had standing water in the bathtub when she arrived and was locked out of her room by the security lock which had fallen into place when she shut the door upon leaving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!