“Average but not Exceptional” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia
“Average but not Exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff was friendly. The room was clean but the hallways were unkempt most of our two day stay. The hotel itself could use some updating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMColumbiaMO, Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything about this stay, from the original booking to checkout, was bad. I booked a non-smoking room online and received a confirmation email for a smoking room. After a call to the hotel and a referral to corporate headquarters (and a nearly one-hour hold time), I was told my reservation was switched to a non-smoking room, but no new confirmation could be emailed to me. Due to the timing of the reservation (Show Me State Games) my credit card was immediately charged and this reservation was non-refundable. This hotel was the dirtiest place I have ever paid to stay at: there was mold in the bathtub, my "non-smoking room" had cigarette burn marks on the bathroom fixtures, the carpet was nasty, the air vents had dirt hanging from them, the ledge where the coffee pot sat appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned in several visits, the towel rack was coming off the wall, the furniture was scuffed and damaged and the microwave didn't work. Outside the room, the hallway carpets were shabby and hazardous with long strips of fibers hanging from the steps, the water in the hot tub was brown, everything was sorely in need of a paint job, the security lock on the outside door only worked part of the time and pizza boxes from the other patrons' rooms were allowed to sit in the hallway for most of the day. I had a two-night reservation, so when I left my room on the first morning, I placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the lock. When I returned to the room, the sign had been moved to hang from the door lever and the towels I had used were removed, but not replaced. Nothing else had been done however: the garbage was still in the waste cans, the coffee filter still in the coffee pot, the empty kleenex box had not been replaced and the room was not vacuumed. I can't review the breakfast area because I couldn't bring myself to go down there after my brother-in-law reported on its condition. When I went to check out the second morning, there was a stray cat laying on the counter in the lobby and the clerk asked if it were mine. Overall, I cannot find a single redeeming feature about this hotel, since the new “Days Inn” sign and revamped lobby only hid the fact that this was an Econolodge well past its prime.

Two of my sisters stayed at this hotel and experienced many of the same things. One had standing water in the bathtub when she arrived and was locked out of her room by the security lock which had fallen into place when she shut the door upon leaving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place looks decent from the outside because they have completed some nice landscaping. But that is deceteful. As we pulled up to the hotel, both front desk clerks (both male) were smoking right at the entrance doors. Huge turn off to step out of the car in Missouri summer heat into that stench. The rooms are very dated, the sheets were dingy yellow and they have the old comforters that you look at and wonder if they have ever been washed! I couldn't wait to find a difffent hotel the next day and was able to find a much nicer hotel for the same cost just down the road. The breakfast area was messy and crowded throughout the serving period. I would not stay at this place again. Thankfully, the staff allowed us to cancel the 3 remaining days of our stay without penalty. I think they are trying to make it better but they have a long way to go!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello Arzdorffam,

Thank you very much for your business and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced during your stay. I will accelerate your comments about the staff smoking at the entrance door, the quality of clean in the room assigned to you as well the the linen. I assure you that these will be evaluated and addressed accordingly. I appreciate your time in bringing to our attention your feedback about the breakfast area, we will do our best to keep things in the right places and be more organized. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you better services in the future.

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Columbia I-70

Address: 900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)
Location: United States > Missouri > Columbia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Columbia I-70 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn Columbia I-70 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Hotel Columbia
Columbia Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge Columbia

If you own or manage Days Inn Columbia I-70, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.