“Nothing good here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia
“Nothing good here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything about this stay, from the original booking to checkout, was bad. I booked a non-smoking room online and received a confirmation email for a smoking room. After a call to the hotel and a referral to corporate headquarters (and a nearly one-hour hold time), I was told my reservation was switched to a non-smoking room, but no new confirmation could be emailed to me. Due to the timing of the reservation (Show Me State Games) my credit card was immediately charged and this reservation was non-refundable. This hotel was the dirtiest place I have ever paid to stay at: there was mold in the bathtub, my "non-smoking room" had cigarette burn marks on the bathroom fixtures, the carpet was nasty, the air vents had dirt hanging from them, the ledge where the coffee pot sat appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned in several visits, the towel rack was coming off the wall, the furniture was scuffed and damaged and the microwave didn't work. Outside the room, the hallway carpets were shabby and hazardous with long strips of fibers hanging from the steps, the water in the hot tub was brown, everything was sorely in need of a paint job, the security lock on the outside door only worked part of the time and pizza boxes from the other patrons' rooms were allowed to sit in the hallway for most of the day. I had a two-night reservation, so when I left my room on the first morning, I placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the lock. When I returned to the room, the sign had been moved to hang from the door lever and the towels I had used were removed, but not replaced. Nothing else had been done however: the garbage was still in the waste cans, the coffee filter still in the coffee pot, the empty kleenex box had not been replaced and the room was not vacuumed. I can't review the breakfast area because I couldn't bring myself to go down there after my brother-in-law reported on its condition. When I went to check out the second morning, there was a stray cat laying on the counter in the lobby and the clerk asked if it were mine. Overall, I cannot find a single redeeming feature about this hotel, since the new “Days Inn” sign and revamped lobby only hid the fact that this was an Econolodge well past its prime.

Two of my sisters stayed at this hotel and experienced many of the same things. One had standing water in the bathtub when she arrived and was locked out of her room by the security lock which had fallen into place when she shut the door upon leaving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place looks decent from the outside because they have completed some nice landscaping. But that is deceteful. As we pulled up to the hotel, both front desk clerks (both male) were smoking right at the entrance doors. Huge turn off to step out of the car in Missouri summer heat into that stench. The rooms are very dated, the sheets were dingy yellow and they have the old comforters that you look at and wonder if they have ever been washed! I couldn't wait to find a difffent hotel the next day and was able to find a much nicer hotel for the same cost just down the road. The breakfast area was messy and crowded throughout the serving period. I would not stay at this place again. Thankfully, the staff allowed us to cancel the 3 remaining days of our stay without penalty. I think they are trying to make it better but they have a long way to go!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello Arzdorffam,

Thank you very much for your business and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced during your stay. I will accelerate your comments about the staff smoking at the entrance door, the quality of clean in the room assigned to you as well the the linen. I assure you that these will be evaluated and addressed accordingly. I appreciate your time in bringing to our attention your feedback about the breakfast area, we will do our best to keep things in the right places and be more organized. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you better services in the future.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel is in an unusual spot driving in, but not terribly difficult to reach. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and quite clean. Slept quite well. Breakfast had biscuits and gravy, waffles, and much more. Possibly best free motel breakfast in my entire trip of 4,000 miles.
Quite pleased overall, would stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hello isingbass0004,

Thank you very much for a truly rewarding feedback you gave our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and completes our business. I will share your feedback to the team as I know they too will be pleased to know we have sufficed your expectations. I hope we could have another chance to serve your next breakfast soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped here on route to St Louis, came straight off highway and saw it. Glad we did, there were loads of other options around. Really friendly and so helpful at check in. Room was great, very clean and had all you needed. Couple of nice eateries within safe walking distance, many others if you want to drive. Breakfast was good plenty of choice. Great value for money with such nice people. Would recommend

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Hello Citygogetter,

Please accept my sincerest thanks on behalf of the team for choosing to stay with us during your vacation. I am glad that you find our services of good value and knowing we have met your satisfaction and earning your generous recommendation is truly a rewarding for us. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity of having you with us.

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!