“Not impressed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place looks decent from the outside because they have completed some nice landscaping. But that is deceteful. As we pulled up to the hotel, both front desk clerks (both male) were smoking right at the entrance doors. Huge turn off to step out of the car in Missouri summer heat into that stench. The rooms are very dated, the sheets were dingy yellow and they have the old comforters that you look at and wonder if they have ever been washed! I couldn't wait to find a difffent hotel the next day and was able to find a much nicer hotel for the same cost just down the road. The breakfast area was messy and crowded throughout the serving period. I would not stay at this place again. Thankfully, the staff allowed us to cancel the 3 remaining days of our stay without penalty. I think they are trying to make it better but they have a long way to go!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello Arzdorffam,

Thank you very much for your business and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced during your stay. I will accelerate your comments about the staff smoking at the entrance door, the quality of clean in the room assigned to you as well the the linen. I assure you that these will be evaluated and addressed accordingly. I appreciate your time in bringing to our attention your feedback about the breakfast area, we will do our best to keep things in the right places and be more organized. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you better services in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel is in an unusual spot driving in, but not terribly difficult to reach. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and quite clean. Slept quite well. Breakfast had biscuits and gravy, waffles, and much more. Possibly best free motel breakfast in my entire trip of 4,000 miles.
Quite pleased overall, would stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hello isingbass0004,

Thank you very much for a truly rewarding feedback you gave our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and completes our business. I will share your feedback to the team as I know they too will be pleased to know we have sufficed your expectations. I hope we could have another chance to serve your next breakfast soon.
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped here on route to St Louis, came straight off highway and saw it. Glad we did, there were loads of other options around. Really friendly and so helpful at check in. Room was great, very clean and had all you needed. Couple of nice eateries within safe walking distance, many others if you want to drive. Breakfast was good plenty of choice. Great value for money with such nice people. Would recommend

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Hello Citygogetter,

Please accept my sincerest thanks on behalf of the team for choosing to stay with us during your vacation. I am glad that you find our services of good value and knowing we have met your satisfaction and earning your generous recommendation is truly a rewarding for us. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity of having you with us.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Your hotel was awesome! It had a very comfy king sized bed with the best pillows and I slept so well. The thermostat was easy to use, and I was lulled to sleep with its “windy sound” and a perfect temperature.
Although the halls smelled vaguely of old smoke, it’s an older building, so that’s kind of hard to avoid. However, the ROOM had no sign of odor. It smelled great, and the room was quite clean.
The bathroom was such a wonderful experience! Loved that timed heater! It’s a luxury to NOT get cold in a bathroom! I loved the pressure of the water spray, and there was plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was delicious, and well-stocked. For our group, your staff had to get it ready extra-early, and that was appreciated.
I was prompted to write, largely, because of some prior reviews of your hotel not being the best. Thank you, New Management, for improving your hotel for its guests!
I would gladly come again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello Robinw W,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of having your business and for sharing your experience with us during your stay. Your feedback for our hotel and customer service is indeed rewarding. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our breakfast served. Trust that we will provide you the same quality of accommodation the next time you come visit us again in the future. Please know that we value your business and will always be on top of our goal to offer at all times.

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!