“Lots of choices in Columbia, choose someplace else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Louisville, KY
“Lots of choices in Columbia, choose someplace else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really, I'm not that hard to please, but this place is ... terrible. The rooms are dated, and although they had been cleaned, they have been rode hard. The bedspreads were dingy and the carpet was old. I really didn't want to walk on the carpet barefooted. The bathroom toilet tank cover was far too big, and was plastic -- for a porcelain toilet. The towels were worn and thin. The drain in the sink did not drain. The halls are long and dirty, especially the walls. The door jams were filthy. The continental breakfast is served in a converted room. It's sparse.

We stayed in Columbia on a home Missouri football weekend with a group. This simply was the only place we could make a reservation. If I could have chosen another place, I would have done so. We stayed with another family who had another room and young children. The parents constantly were telling the kids not to play on the floor.

The staff was friendly and the sheets were clean, but that was about all I can say positive. I would not stay again and I wouldn't recommend it to you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your detailed comment about our facilities and staff. We continually go and improve all that we can to make your stay most restful. Every note made is taken into account (the toilets, towels, bedspread, etc.) and will be checked and discussed further by management as to how the hotel may be made better.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great front desk staff.
pet friendly
NEW BEDS
CLEAN
15.00 more than Motel 6 with FREE BREAKFAST!
Free WIFI
GREAT CHANNEL SELECTION AND TV GUIDE

CONS:

Need a power strip for the computer desk please.
Could need the door jams painted, and a flat screen TV but then it could rival the Marriott!

Room Tip: Chose an even room 102, 104, 106 etc to park next to the window to keep an eye on your car if travel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback to us and to the other readers as well. We have indeed extended our arms to your adorable pets and provided free WIFI connection as we have recognized they are growing in demand. We are glad our efforts to improve are appreciated by our guests.
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We chose the Econolodge because of so many good reviews. The room had everything we needed and the breakfast provided was great! We were disappointed with the appearance - washing the windows & doors would make it much more appealing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for spending a few moments to review us. We are happy to hear that our room has provided you with what you needed that time. We appreciate comments and suggestions like these and use them to guide our future actions.
Chattanooga, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Motel was O.K., fairly reasonable and a quick "off and on" for freeway. Staff was friendly at check-in and it was fast as we had made reservations since it was Labor Day weekend. Continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate that you have left a simple and fair comment. Our staff is ready to assist you in making your vacation hassle free. We are happy to have been your companion for the holiday weekend. We hope in the future you will book with us again.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Found this place because we need a hotel that was pet friendly. We were traveling with two dogs and this turned out to be a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, nice size rooms for a budget price. Pretty hard to go wrong here. It is right on interstate so it was easy to get on an off. Large park area right on property to exercise your pet. I would stay here again even if I didn't have our dogs with us. It's not a Holiday Inn, but it's not a $100 a night either.

Room Tip: Not sure if they are available but there are some rooms with outside entrances. Would have been nice...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving a good recommendation. We are pleased that you and your pets have enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our location and happy that this has been a convenience for you. We provide as much as can within our budget class as we would like our guest to feel that they have found staying with us a great deal and worth every penny.
Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

You people who are giving this joint high reviews - what are you smoking? Or, as I suspect, are the owners gaming the reviews? This, my friends, is a dump. A very scary dump. (Employees who stand around aimlessly, look at you funny, and then follow you up the stairs. Long interior hallways that remind you of "The Shining." An eery parking lot that's largely hidden from the road and dimly lit.)

The rooms smell nasty, in that "don't think too hard about the smells we're covering up or you'll puke" way. And even the non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. I know because I had to change rooms after check-in, due to the smokey smell, and the second room was only mildly better than the first.

(Mech/Tech notes: The phones didn't work properly in either room. The shower spewed brown water when I first turned it on. But the wi-fi was super fast.)

Simply put, if I had a daughter, there's no way I would let her stay here. As they say about so many interstate dives, you'd be better off sleeping in your car at a rest stop.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us your feedback. We have received comments about the smell and are working to keep the place fresh, as we desire to make your stop more relaxing. Please note that we have regular checks and maintenance so we can welcome guests at our best. We hope that next time you reconsider staying in our hotel.
Hoover, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose to stay here 2 nights to take advantage of one of the Choice promotoins for points. I wasn't expecting much yet my bath was spotless and the room was very clean. It is alittle worn but the price was right. I've only stayed in 1 other Econolodge and this one was by far nicer than the first. If I'm ever in Columbia and the Comfort Suites is full, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate that you have made a fair comment; even more when you stated that you are willing to stay with us again. Indeed, we have been in the hospitality business for some time and we understand that we have to keep up with our guests’ preferences. Please know that these matters are in our mind in our everyday operation.

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!