“Better Than I Thought It Would Be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Columbia I-70

You added Days Inn Columbia I-70 to your Saves list
Days Inn Columbia I-70
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 I-70 Dr. S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Hoover, Alabama
“Better Than I Thought It Would Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose to stay here 2 nights to take advantage of one of the Choice promotoins for points. I wasn't expecting much yet my bath was spotless and the room was very clean. It is alittle worn but the price was right. I've only stayed in 1 other Econolodge and this one was by far nicer than the first. If I'm ever in Columbia and the Comfort Suites is full, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
We appreciate that you have made a fair comment; even more when you stated that you are willing to stay with us again. Indeed, we have been in the hospitality business for some time and we understand that we have to keep up with our guests’ preferences. Please know that these matters are in our mind in our everyday operation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
RALEIGH NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

THIS HOTEL WAS RECENTLY PURCHASED BY SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR GUESTS the last time I stayed here in Nov 2011 it was bad and had roaches my sister lives there and told me of the new owner and convinced me to go again OH MY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I stayed here on July 9 2012 they have just remodeled this hotel and it was very clean and no more bugs and it was very comfortable the bed was so welcoming and soft I missed breakfast because i did not want to get out of it there are many many amenities within 5 miles the indoor pool and hot tub are very inviting and clean I recommend it highly you will be glad you stayed here!

Room Tip: my tip for a good room is get one on the 2nd floor toward the front of building it seems that the 20...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for a wonderful recommendation. We appreciate that you have given our hotel a second chance. This confirms our efforts to provide our guests with a satisfying experience are in effect. We would love to have you as our guest again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This is hands down, the dirtiest motel I have ever stayed at. The room my wife and I had was a non-smoking and smelled like a cigarette. The bathroom had stains on the wall that looked like blood. How the cleaning crew missed that, I am not sure. Overall a creepy and disgusting $80.00 down the drain. Spend the extra $10 and get a better motel.

• Stayed June 2012
Cuba, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed her for 4 days in the middle of March 2012. The motel wasn't impressive from the outside, but the room seemed newly updated, was very clean & quiet and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The bed appeared to be new, mattress was pillow-topped and very comfy, all linens were extremely clean.

Even tho you could tell it was an older building, everything was very updated and clean .. except for the outlets -- seemed to be only one on the wall with the TV so I had to ask about that problem -- was promptly remedied.

Very economical and conveniently located. I will stay there again this week.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
wayne county
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Do not stay here.The online photos are misleading the photos of the main lobby are not even of this hotel! rooms were dirty, had roaches, had hair on the "clean" hand towel, also had stains on the comforter. It was so bad we checked out 15 minutes after checking in... and don't think of getting a refund.. The manager doesn't speak good english in his own words he said "we had a lot of people leave after 15 minutes so you have to ask for a refund before then" if that tells you anything!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Poteau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Econo Lodge in March 2012. at first the outside and surrounding area made me think I messed up booking a room here. But once inside it was very clean, the room was big, beds were comfortable, carpet appeared nearly new. Had a fairly good free breakfast and was a good location to get to Mizzou. Has a nice indoor pool and hotub area. It is not a 3 or 4 star hotel by any means but definitely a good ecomonic place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thornton, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you're looking for cheap, this will fit the bill. However, my room's heat was turned off when I arrived at around 10pm, and I didn't start to feel reasonably warm until close to 2am. The room was reasonably clean, though a little of the "used to be a smoking room a decade ago" smell to it. Breakfast was very basic, but adequate. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily recommend against it if you are looking for clean and inexpensive, but I'd spend the extra $10 and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Columbia I-70? Share your experiences!