“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia

You added Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1900 Interstate Hwy 70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Days Inn Conference Center Columbia)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Friendly staff at checkin and checkout. The free cookies and water at checkin was awesome. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a good hit breakfast which is a great way to start the day. I come to Columbia 2 to 3 times a year and will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate when our guests are satisfied with our service. We look forward to continuing to serve your lodging needs when you come back to Columbia. Thank you again for your valuable time and feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Now this place is a real number. I will never ever ever ever stay at this disgusting place again. Everything thing is terrible except the staff is full of nice folks. Heating in rooms is awful and noisy. The place is absolutely disgusting and I'm not super critical of busy hotels but this place is literally a dump. The exercise room is horrid and dirty dirty dirty. Laundry room is a laugh, 1 washer 1 dryer both rusted and surrounded in spider webs. I also had the chance to see the biggest wolf spider I've ever seen...and I've seen huge tarantulas back home in Texas but this wolf spider was huge. Oh yeah it also has claimed the dryer as part of its nest so I won't be going near the laundry room ever. Someone might wanna check on the staff in a few weeks cuz that spider looked big enuff to devour the whole crew. Take my advice, This place should be shut down and you do not want to stay here.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am sorry you encountered some issues with our exercise facility and your heater fan in your room. We have taken your comments very seriously and have taken care of the issues. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in continually improving the services we offer to the guests. Again we apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you stay with us again in the future.
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

This place has workers who do not know what they are doing... When I called and canceled my rooms, the women did not do it right and only canceled three out of the four rooms... then they charged my 100 dollars for not coming in when I canceled the rooms and they refuse to fix the problem. You can barely understand the women working at the desk, and they seem to be very rude to the customers. Go somewhere where you will get your moneys worth. I was able to bring in people for six different rooms for my wedding at 200 a piece and they still manage to steal 100 from me because they do not have people who know how to do their jobs. I think they need some training in customer service and how to do their jobs.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the misunderstanding you had with the cancellation policy. There was a 72 hour cancellation policy in effect for the busy weekend. Out of the four rooms only one was charged a cancellation fee. Our goal is to ensure we provide our guests with the best service possible. Again we apologize for the misunderstanding and hope to serve you again in the future.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over Mizzou's parents weekend. We paid $100 a night - way too much for a hotel of this quality (normally runs around $40/night) but understood that all the local hotels were jacking up rates, and all hotels were sold out. The room was clean but worn. The bedspreads had cigarette burns (non-smoking room) and looked to be at least 20 years old. Bathroom fixtures - again old, stained, and leaky. Mattresses were good (full sized) but bottom sheets were not tucked in and were not big enough to effectively do so. Lamp shades were ripped or had holes. The TV was one of the older big box TVs with a bad picture. However, the room was clean - no complaints on that end. It was also quiet at night although the hotel was full.
Breakfast (free) was interesting. Small set up with hot biscuits and gravy, limited cereal and fruit, and a waffle machine. The staff would mention to those in the room that they could make eggs and potatoes and also bring out juice or milk from the kitchen - only coffee (empty carafes when we were there) was out for self-serve. At one point, there was a line of people waiting by the kitchen door for staff to bring out the eggs, potatoes and drinks. They were worth waiting for - very good eggs and potatoes.
Staff in all areas were friendly and accommodating. Our key did not work after the first night, and the manager remedied that quickly.
Overall, would not stay here again, but if you are on a budget, it's not a bad place to lay your head at night.

Room Tip: Have heard that the hotel is or will be doing renovations.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and we will fix the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services we offer to the guests. We would appreciate another opportunity to gain you confidence and would hope to serve you again in the future.
Glendale AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was a Days Inn which change over to Americas Best Value Inn last September. Room was very nice, quiet and clean although you could tell it was old but price was right. Only thing we saw showing its age was the carpet but I do know they were remodeling rooms. After all they only hadf been there since September. Breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, toast coffee and juice. Jamie at the front desk was one of the most friendliest in our whole trip. They have a great future as a "bargain" motel.

Room Tip: Was quiet so think all rooms good.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here due to emergency in the area. ( 8/09/14- 8/11/14 ) The 1st person that I encountered was the very nice women at the front desk, she was a pleasure to talk to. As far as the room, yes it was a little out dated, but it was clean. clean towels, clean bathroom and shower area. the room had a small icebox with microwave. the bed, king size. I must state that I got my best two nights sleep on this bed, I have stayed in hotels/motels that are rated 4 or better stars and had not been as a good rest or sleep as I had at this motel. My room was cleaned both days with fresh linen and towels. The room # was 250, it was close to the interstate but I did not hear any of the noise or sounds from the interstate. As far as feeling safe, I take protection with me no matter where I stay at rather it being a 5 star or less hotel/motel. I felt safe there.
Now, If you are on a vacation with family looking for a spa or hot tub and the likes to stay at then stay at one of them motels or hotels! But if you need one or two nights stay and need to get a good night sleep, then this is the place. Yes I had other choices of hotels/motels to choose from, but the Holy Spirit lead us here! If in the area again and I need a place to lay my head and get some rest, I will stay there again. My thanks to the entire staff at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia
1900 Interstate Hwy 70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
The staff thanks you for your comments. We look forward to continuing to serve your lodging needs when you come back to Columbia. Thank you again for your valuable time and feedback.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall I liked my experience at America's best value Inn, the staff was nice and friendly, great price for a hotel and I liked the fact that it was located within distance of all the major sites in COMO, I will definitely use this hotel again, especially for Tiger home games.

Room Tip: I'm not sure where the WIFI hub is located, but you should try to be located as close to it as p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience and meet all their expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia? Share your experiences!