“Oldie but goody.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1900 Interstate Hwy 70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Days Inn Conference Center Columbia)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Glendale AZ
“Oldie but goody.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a Days Inn which change over to Americas Best Value Inn last September. Room was very nice, quiet and clean although you could tell it was old but price was right. Only thing we saw showing its age was the carpet but I do know they were remodeling rooms. After all they only hadf been there since September. Breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, toast coffee and juice. Jamie at the front desk was one of the most friendliest in our whole trip. They have a great future as a "bargain" motel.

Room Tip: Was quiet so think all rooms good.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here due to emergency in the area. ( 8/09/14- 8/11/14 ) The 1st person that I encountered was the very nice women at the front desk, she was a pleasure to talk to. As far as the room, yes it was a little out dated, but it was clean. clean towels, clean bathroom and shower area. the room had a small icebox with microwave. the bed, king size. I must state that I got my best two nights sleep on this bed, I have stayed in hotels/motels that are rated 4 or better stars and had not been as a good rest or sleep as I had at this motel. My room was cleaned both days with fresh linen and towels. The room # was 250, it was close to the interstate but I did not hear any of the noise or sounds from the interstate. As far as feeling safe, I take protection with me no matter where I stay at rather it being a 5 star or less hotel/motel. I felt safe there.
Now, If you are on a vacation with family looking for a spa or hot tub and the likes to stay at then stay at one of them motels or hotels! But if you need one or two nights stay and need to get a good night sleep, then this is the place. Yes I had other choices of hotels/motels to choose from, but the Holy Spirit lead us here! If in the area again and I need a place to lay my head and get some rest, I will stay there again. My thanks to the entire staff at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia
1900 Interstate Hwy 70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
The staff thanks you for your comments. We look forward to continuing to serve your lodging needs when you come back to Columbia. Thank you again for your valuable time and feedback.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall I liked my experience at America's best value Inn, the staff was nice and friendly, great price for a hotel and I liked the fact that it was located within distance of all the major sites in COMO, I will definitely use this hotel again, especially for Tiger home games.

Room Tip: I'm not sure where the WIFI hub is located, but you should try to be located as close to it as p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience and meet all their expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Allendale, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night out of desperation after driving from Denver. The Royals had a home game, which we found out after the fact, thus how we ended up at this ABVI. I basically carried my girls in, stripped most of the covers off the bed and laid them down to sleep. Fortunately we had some blankets in the car. I never took my shoes off except to sleep and take the quickest shower of my life. Neither the sink or the shower drain drained water. In the am, my girls used the bathroom and changed their clothes and we were out of there. Total length of stay, 8 hours, in the 2nd grossest hotel room of my life. I was on a mission trip in Atlanta when I stayed at the worst ever. The staff was friendly according to husband and gave us a "quiet" room, except for the semi truck parked outside running all night. Did not attempt to eat the continental breakfast. Unfortunately, this came after a decent stay at an ABVI in South Dakota, I will never stay at one again.

• Stayed July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the hotel. We are working hard to improve and would love for you to give us another opportunity to make up for the poor experience.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have to say that this is the most disgusting hotel that I have ever in my life seen! I looked online at the pictures and thought, " oh ok.. not too bad" This place is a joke! It was beyond filthy, yucky stuff all over the walls, the carpet were just NASTY, the air conditioner leaked all night! I had to take and wash the comforters because they stunk so badly. I laid towels in the bottom of the bathtub just so We could shower. I slept out in my vehicle the first night because the pillows were brown when they should be white. This place made me itch. We could not even lay and relax because it was so disturbing. I would NEVER EVER recommend this place to anyone! I wouldn't even let my pets stay here! It is very inhumane!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that the cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. If you would contact us and provide details we would further investigate your concerns and possibly offer a suitable resolution.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had brief encounters with the reception clerk, the manager and the breakfast hostess. All were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.
We enjoyed the hot breakfast--an unexpected bonus for such a low price. We paid nearly twice their rate at an America's Best Value Inn in Ohio the night before and had only a cold Continental breakfast.
If the timing is right, we will definitely stay here again on our return trip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank You so much for your review. We do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience and meet all their expectations. We are also glad you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The prices of hotels were higher in columbia for the ShoMe games. We paid $99 for this hotel. It is not worth it.

We should have stayed in Jefferson City or Kingdom city. I don't need a brand new hotel room but I expect clean.

The room had a smell about it. The carpet was so dirty I wouldn't walk without shoes or socks. I inspected the mattress (which was old) for bugs and didn't notice any but the sheets were paper thin and dirty. I returned one sheet for another. Some beds that our friends had didn't even have a fitted sheet underneath.

The shower is very small and wouldn't drain. We would stand in 2 inches of water while taking a shower. Makes me wonder what was keeping it from draining.

We didn't get our room cleaned the first night so we asked for towels which they delivered at 11:30 pm. Rooms were not vacuumed from previous visitors or between the bed side table and beds. Snack wrappers were there the whole time.

While we were sleeping the air conditioner above the bed blew out condensation every once in a while (gross). Then one morning I woke up and saw a bug crawling on a towel on the floor. I thought it was a lady bug and I picked it up with toliet paper and realized it looked like a reddish tick.

I never ate the breakfast because as far as I'm concerned if they can't keep the rooms clean, they are not going to store the food up to code.

Charge what the hotel is worth and you will have better reviews. This is not a $99 hotel by any means. Take the carpet out and invest in better sheets and comforters.

Stayed July 2014
Thank You for your review. I am sorry you encountered some issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. Your comments are being reviewed by the Hotels Management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in improving our hotel. We hope we can regain your confidence and hope you may stay with us again in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia? Share your experiences!