“Charge $40 and ratings will be higher” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1900 Interstate Hwy 70 Drive SW, Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Days Inn Conference Center Columbia)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #25 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“Charge $40 and ratings will be higher”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The prices of hotels were higher in columbia for the ShoMe games. We paid $99 for this hotel. It is not worth it.

We should have stayed in Jefferson City or Kingdom city. I don't need a brand new hotel room but I expect clean.

The room had a smell about it. The carpet was so dirty I wouldn't walk without shoes or socks. I inspected the mattress (which was old) for bugs and didn't notice any but the sheets were paper thin and dirty. I returned one sheet for another. Some beds that our friends had didn't even have a fitted sheet underneath.

The shower is very small and wouldn't drain. We would stand in 2 inches of water while taking a shower. Makes me wonder what was keeping it from draining.

We didn't get our room cleaned the first night so we asked for towels which they delivered at 11:30 pm. Rooms were not vacuumed from previous visitors or between the bed side table and beds. Snack wrappers were there the whole time.

While we were sleeping the air conditioner above the bed blew out condensation every once in a while (gross). Then one morning I woke up and saw a bug crawling on a towel on the floor. I thought it was a lady bug and I picked it up with toliet paper and realized it looked like a reddish tick.

I never ate the breakfast because as far as I'm concerned if they can't keep the rooms clean, they are not going to store the food up to code.

Charge what the hotel is worth and you will have better reviews. This is not a $99 hotel by any means. Take the carpet out and invest in better sheets and comforters.

Stayed July 2014

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The desk staff was helpful in giving me directions to places I needed to go to around town. Good breakfast. Really liked the biscuits and gravy. Will be staying again in a few weeks.

• Stayed June 2014
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would like to be more diplomatic, but this place is an absolute dump. Poorly maintained is an understatement. The heater didn't work and the bathroom was disgusting. The carpeting and bedding was old and the room dingy at best. Breakfast was cold and unappetizing. Strongly recommend finding another motel when in the Columbia area.

Room Tip: This motel was formerly the Days Inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us.We give the upmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.We are sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the hotel. We are working hard to improve our hotel and would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for the poor experience.
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were looking for a reasonable motel in Columbia to stay at. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to take care of our needs. They are currently undergoing remodeling and when it is finished it will be a 5 star motel. The "free breakfast" was okay, but the biscuits and gravy left a lot to be desired. They have a full service restaurant that is being renovated and will make a nice place to dine when it is finished. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: No freeway noise from rooms in the court yard and they are close to the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I have talked to our breakfast cook about the biscuits and gravy and have resolved the issue. We do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience and we meet all their expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

When we arrived the front desk was not even labeled so and only said restaurant and lounge. The one good thing was the guy at the front desk was nice. Other than that not worth staying at again. The light fixture in the bathroom was falling off the ceiling, the sink had not been cleaned and I could scrap stuff off of it, we were missing a towel, it looked like the mini fridge hadn't been defrosted in months and had an inch of ice in it, and I have never seen an air conditioner put out humid air. It was actually more humid in my room than outside. The carpet was also fraying in several spots. I was an assistant manager of a motel and I have never seen such a poorly up kept place in my life. If I wasn't so tired of driving I would have gotten a refund and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to respond with your feedback. Since your review we have resolved the maintenance issues. I apologize that the cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure our guests are provided with a clean and comfortable room. We are working hard on improving our product to make our hotel better. Thank you for commenting and hope that we may serve you again in the future.
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over graduation weekend and the only hotel available. Stayed in a suite that was a total pit! Kitchen area was a total mess; floor dirty, counter top covered with dried drink stains, extra bedroom floor had not been vacuumed and completely unwelcoming; bathroom toilet had not been cleaned as well as the floor; and the odor was bad! The staff moved us into a new room which was fairly clean but the heating system was not operating correctly and was
very noisy. The staff was helpful but the hotel is poorly maintained. Will not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize that the cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean and comfortable room. Your concern will be taken very seriously and will be handled immediately. We do hope to regain your confidence so that we can provide you with an experience that will meet your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The only problem is the excersise room needs a little more variety on machines. The staff was excellent and helped me with everything I needed. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. The free breakfast was exquisite and I can't forget to mention the free drink coupon at the bar. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014
tberry58, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience and that we meet all theIr expectations. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Conference Center Columbia? Share your experiences!