“Good choice for in-town dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 315 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sycamore’s mission is to provide seasonal, market-driven fare at affordable prices for the Columbia community. Our focus is to serve fresh, quality dishes prepared in a creative, healthful way. Our staff is trained in all aspects of the menu and wine service, with an emphasis on understanding and respecting the kitchen. Our chef uses local purveyors when possible, and our menu features produce, cheese, meat, and value-added products from Columbia and the surrounding area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good choice for in-town dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The salad and trout I had were fresh and delicious. I liked the casual yet cultured atmosphere. Reservations on the weekend, at least in the spring when campus is very busy with visitors, are recommended. My dining companion/classmate was a little sad to be in a restaurant on the site of the former Dean's Town & Country clothing store of our student days, but the renovation done for Sycamore is outstanding.

Visited April 2013

East coast
“Wish I lived closer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Columbia, we happened upon Sycamore. Had lunch and liked it do much we took our family back for dinner. Fresh food, great service, upscale atmosphere. Good wine selection with fair prices. Could improve upon options for kids. Other than that, this restaurant seems to have it figured out. Very impressed!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennewick, Washington
“Good option for a nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have been to Sycamore on many occations and have not had a bad meal there, although some meals have been better than others. Their beer selection is very good for a picky beer snob like myself. Service has always been very good. Overall, I have no complaints and have always left satisfied, though I don't know if I would put it on the same level as CC's City Broiler. Worth giving it a try.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My now husband first took me to Sycamore on my birthday in 2011. We have been there several times to celebrate special occasions, including this past Valentine's Day, and have never been disappointed. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is elegant. The waitstaff are very professional. I have recommended Sycamore to many friends looking for a nice restaurant in Columbia.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Some meals great, some not, depends on the day, or phase of the moon? Hard to say. Some meals have been truly nice here. Nice white table clothes. Nice downtown location. But, it's a roll the dice.

Visited August 2012