“Vist back in Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gathering Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Gathering Place
You added Gathering Place to your Saves list
606 S. College Ave., Columbia, MO 65201   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Columbia B&B and Inns
Morton, Illinois
“Vist back in Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a lovely B&B....The furnishings were exquisite....bedding and towels were luxurious. What more can a woman want!!! The dinining room table was dressed so invitingly and the food was extremely good. I will definitely stay there again and will tell my friends about this great place.

Room Tip: Every room is great!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I stay at a bed and breakfast two times every year and so we have been to many and this is one that we would go back to. We stayed in the Wildlife Conservation room and it is one of the smaller rooms there, but was still a large room by lodging standards. The Gathering Place is impeccably clean, nicely decorated, and the food was very good. An ala carte menu is offerred along with the daily breakfast special and you get to choose which you would like to eat, which was nice because I wanted something lighter while my husband was craving the more indulgent B&B style breakfast. Both of us were happy with the food! Another note was that we wanted to watch a DVD and so a player was brought to our room for us to use. Great stay! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful one night stay in May 2012. This B & B was one of the top three B & B's (out of over 100) that we have ever stayed in. Everything was top notch. Would stay again. Also, I inadvertently left a small phone charger in our room - called the next day and they mailed it to me that day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring Valley, CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

On a recent trip to visit friends in Columbia we had the great pleasure of staying at The Gathering Place. Our room was impeccable, the gourmet breakfasts were YUM!!!! and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. We would highly recommend this beautiful B & B to anyone wanting to have a memorable and affordable get-away.

Room Tip: Our front of the house room had a great view of the college and was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our son competed in the Big 12 Swimming Men's Conference and we actually could walk to the University and watch the competition. This place was amazing on every level ... the rooms, ambiance, staff. and price. It was a real treat to stay here and we cannot say enough nice things about the place. It was a real find and a completely wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Textile Suite and Literatue Suite were amazing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was lucky to get a room (the beautifully appointed Wildlife Conservation room) on short notice when travelling into town for a basketball game. I was particularly interested as it is owned by the College of Agriculture as a Capstone course for their Hotel and Restaurant Mangement students. And those young men and women all deserve A's. It is horrendously convenient to campus and downtown, quiet and peaceful despite of that, and has every amenity you could think of. They even let me park my car there before check-in, which was very kind as I know space is always limited. My room's linens and decor were top notch, and the seating area was a perfect escape from the cold (and a great alternative to a regular hotel room's ubiquitous club chair in the corner.) I enjoyed a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit salad, Belgian waffles, eggs, toast, and sausage. My table-mates, a couple who were return customers, and I all admitted that we felt guilty that we couldn't finish it all. There is wi-fi available, and there was a flat-screen television in my room. The woodwork and windows are beautiful, and the entire property decorated with both beauty and comfort and in mind. I had a wonderful stay (could you tell?) and hope to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The website has true-to-life pictures and descriptions of each room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

From the beautiful outdoor holiday decorations to the elegant tree in the living room, from the welcoming attention of Deb to her surprise treat after the performance at Jesse Hall, from the gorgeous presentation and delicious flavors of breakfast, every detail of our stay was perfect. The Gathering Place brings a bit of peace to hectic lives.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor requires no steps.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Gathering Place? Share your experiences!